Uh oh!

Rattlecan

Quarantined!

My buddy messaged me a while ago to say he has all the symptoms and has it bad. 69 years old, physically fit, but this has knocked him on his butt.

I last had contact a week and a half ago when I went to borrow some tools. We kept our distance, and I sanitized and everything, but we are isolating completely until at least two weeks has passed.

My step daughter (the paramedic) said he needs to get to the hospital now, but he seems to be resisting that. 

• Sad 8
  • Hugs 3

52 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

With the turn around time on testing at over a week it could likely be resolved one way or the other by then 

Here unless you are very sick it is still the assume positive quarantine with no test. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Quarantined!

My buddy messaged me a while ago to say he has all the symptoms and has it bad. 69 years old, physically fit, but this has knocked him on his butt.

I last had contact a week and a half ago when I went to borrow some tools. We kept our distance, and I sanitized and everything, but we are isolating completely until at least two weeks has passed.

My step daughter (the paramedic) said he needs to get to the hospital now, but he seems to be resisting that. 

Umm... Can I have your bikes?   :) 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

I just spoke with him. He is feeling vastly improved this morning, although he still has shortness of breath. So far, his wife has not shown symptoms. She is several years older that he is so really hoping she does not catch it.

And you are still feeling good?

• 1 month later...

Well, just when we thought he was over it, this thing came back and took another kick at him. I had not checked on him in a couple of days, and I find out he spent 8 hours in the hospital yesterday. 

Serious bouts of coughing and back pain. A CT scan showed some clotting in the lungs, so he was given some blood thinners for that.

He finally got swabbed for a test, but the doctors are pretty sure it is Covid.

His 69th birthday was last week.