I suck

Square Wheels

My friend who is dying with brain cancer is nearing the end.  I haven't seen her in a while, you know life gets in the way and all.  It makes me sad that I haven't made more of an effort.  Well, she sent an email last night to friends saying she is not doing well and might not be able to visit with everyone.  I read it as a farewell letter.  I am hoping to see her next weekend.

I have learned so many of lifes lessons from her in the short time she has been sick.  I no longer wait for a good time to tell people who are important to me how I feel about them.  There truly is no tomorrow.

• Heart 1

There's always someone bigger, stronger, more beautiful, more wealthy, sucks more...  Don't beat yourself up over it. Reply to her e-mail with great stories of moments you've shared.  Hopefully, you'll still visit later on. 

• Heart 3

I will tell you this, or give you this advice.  Take a few moments to reflect.  Write down all the things you want to say to your friend.  Then go visit her and say them.  Even if she is unresponsive, ask for a few minutes just to say what you need to, have to, want to, say.  Get it all out on the table.  No regrets.

If you cannot visit her and say them, then read then find a quiet place and read them out loud to her spirit.

Get it out.  

• Heart 1