sheep_herder and digital photog to the verification phone please

jsharr

Size has 'zip' to do with it. Age is the criteria used and lambs can be 100+pounds, depending on the breed and age at slaughter.

Lamb – an immature ovine (usually less than 14 months of age) that has not cut its first pair of permanent incisor teeth. 2. Yearling – an ovine (usually between 1 and 2 years of age) that has cut its first pair of permanent incisors but not the second pair.

By the way, I'd find a gate.  As to the jumper comment, some breeds are more prone to jump than others.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Size has 'zip' to do with it. Age is the criteria used and lambs can be 100+pounds, depending on the breed and age at slaughter.

Lamb – an immature ovine (usually less than 14 months of age) that has not cut its first pair of permanent incisor teeth. 2. Yearling – an ovine (usually between 1 and 2 years of age) that has cut its first pair of permanent incisors but not the second pair.

By the way, I'd find a gate.  As to the jumper comment, some breeds are more prone to jump than others.

So they should have showed us a close up of the sheep's mouth?   Is it okay to look a gift lamb / sheep in the mouth?

26 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

My experience is primarily Suffolk.  Our fences were 6' tall, there were still occasions where you would walk outside and say, "How the hell did you get out."

I was happy when my older sister got done with 4H and over the sheep thing, it took me a minute to let my dad know I had no interest in continuing to mess with them.  I liked my pigs.

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

IDK, how tall is a lamb?

Depends on the breed, as Southdowns are very different from Columbias and Suffolks, and other inbetween breeds.

A flake of hay or a partial bucket of feed works well when leading a sheep to a gate. I'll leave all of this pick them up and heave them to the younger folks.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

Depends on the breed, as Southdowns are very different from Columbias and Suffolks, and other inbetween breeds.

A flake of hay or a partial bucket of feed works well when leading a sheep to a gate. I'll leave all of this pick them up and heave them to the younger folks.

work smarter, not harder, right?

Went for a ride with Ryan last night.  We stopped at a local park and leaned on our bikes, not touching anything.

A good friend and his wife rode by on their hybrids.  Ryan wanted to chase them down, so I told him to go ahead and I would meet him there!  I know where they live and knew they would still be in the driveway / garage putting away bikes.

He was about ready to sprint after them and three cars came by and he could not take off, so he just rode there at a normal pace with me.