Got fined $1,000 for being too close

shootingstar

Our neighboring county instituted a $500 fine but only applies to those who are subject to quarantine. They had a rash of people who tested positive and were subject to mandatory quarantine blowing it off and leaving their home, mingling in public places. This added teeth to the requirement. 

9 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Our neighboring county instituted a $500 fine but only applies to those who are subject to quarantine. They had a rash of people who tested positive and were subject to mandatory quarantine blowing it off and leaving their home, mingling in public places. This added teeth to the requirement. 

Around here they took a guy to a special jail for blowing off the mandatory quarantine 

5 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Around here they took a guy to a special jail for blowing off the mandatory quarantine 

Around here they just add a charge if they pull you over for being an idiot.  Take people to jail?  Nah, they are letting out everyone they can.

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yay! A new tax!  

Something has to pay for this nonsense :D  I can't imagine the coffers are overflowing in CAnada these days - especially as oil hit lows and regular economic activity is stalled.  Might as well make the idiots perpetuating the spread pay a bit more than the folks obeying the rules and guidance.

• Heart 1

I don't think it will come to that in Maryland, but I wonder about Pennsylvania.  Take a look at the "Welcome to..." signs when you drive into each state.  Maryland's say things like, "Maryland Welcomes You! Please drive gently."  Many of Pennsylvania's say, "Welcome to Pennsylvania. Do NOT speed. Do NOT litter! We WILL catch you!" followed by a list of fines for various offenses.

Maybe the Pennsylvanians figure us "Southerners" from south of the Mason-Dixon Line are hillbillies who can't wait to break the law. Of course, Maryland is and has been an industrial state and ever since remaining in the Union during the Civil War, most of the people don't think of themselves as "Southerners." On the other hand, the refugees we get from PA looking for jobs are no prizes either!

image.jpeg.839239a8a2a77a9083c108e581b0f4cf.jpeg image.jpeg.95ad4bde6ccc02b3b12352954fb67dc5.jpeg  image.jpeg.900836621f1fcae43ec40936b878c084.jpeg

What are your favorite state welcome signs?  image.jpeg.fa609b41c94759779734831f04f6b3df.jpeg Not so welcome sign at New Jersey-Pennsylvania border | ABC27 

15 hours ago, Tizeye said:

These bastards knowingly endangering others are the reason the rules are getting tougher and tougher.

38 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Something has to pay for this nonsense :D  I can't imagine the coffers are overflowing in CAnada these days - especially as oil hit lows and regular economic activity is stalled.  Might as well make the idiots perpetuating the spread pay a bit more than the folks obeying the rules and guidance.

Our economy was dead before CV-19.  I have noticed a shift though..  Companies are now using feigned sorrow in their advertising campaigns. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Our economy was dead before CV-19.  I have noticed a shift though..  Companies are now using feigned sorrow in their advertising campaigns. 

If you want to base that solely on the depressed oil and gas economy in Canada prior to covid-19.  The technology sector in Canada has been chugging along well for the past few years....notably in Metro Toronto/southern Ontario and Vancouver areas.  

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I was hoping it wasn't feigned.  But some of it is starting to become "feel sorry for us", or, "look at all we're doing to help" (while laying off employees to keep shareholders happy)

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

If you want to base that solely on the depressed oil and gas economy in Canada prior to covid-19.  The technology sector in Canada has been chugging along well for the past few years....notably in Metro Toronto/southern Ontario and Vancouver areas.  

The bank stocks have been shorted for 10 months predicated on a recession caused by excessive spending and massive national debt.  The ship is sinking.  If you haven't pulled out of equities in Canada, expect to see diminished wealth.  I didn't see a lot of happy faces or hear cheery comments on the flight home from Davos this year.