Have you ever noticed that in the original Star Trek, that the instruments are undecipherable?

Randomguy

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Despite the fact that they have a written language and are knowledgeable of numbers, none of their instruments has any signage of any sort.  The fact is that they seem little more than cheap plastic pieces that light up randomly.

It seems strange to me.

The original Star Trek set was made of plywood and cardboard.  They were probably lying about being able to go warp 2

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Despite the fact that they have a written language and are knowledgeable of numbers, none of their instruments has any signage of any sort.  The fact is that they seem little more than cheap plastic pieces that light up randomly.

It seems strange to me.

I didn't realize that they were IPhones.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It seems strange to me.

It was a form of redaction so we civilians didn’t interfere in Star Fleet matters. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, Randomguy said:

It seems strange to me.

I find it "fascinating," as Spock would say, to look at how backward by today's standards the instruments in the original Star Trek series look, and then consider that the advanced, by today's standards, instruments in the next 5 series will probably look backward to the current generation of kids!