So how's that challenge I offered coming?

Indy

Just saw another post from a nursing home looking for masks.  Yes, they want N95, but they say they are desperate and will take anything they can get and would take all the home made one's they can get.

So was just curious how many of you have donated mask for me to the people who actually need them such as nursing homes?

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I have about 4 residents here..making masks for everyone in the building..200 apartments about 230 people.

Yeah and then I know nursing homes ideally would like each resident to have a couple a piece since it's up to the staff to clean then and keep up on that.  Like they don't already have enough to keep up on.

39 minutes ago, Indy said:

Just saw another post from a nursing home looking for masks.  Yes, they want N95, but they say they are desperate and will take anything they can get and would take all the home made one's they can get.

So was just curious how many of you have donated mask for me to the people who actually need them such as nursing homes?

Haven't gotten any masks :(  so don't have any to give.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Haven't gotten any masks :(  so don't have any to give.

I don't either or would've.  Did drop off an unopened box of latex free, medical grade gloves at the firestation when this all started.  Thought about the two open boxes pretty much full, but figured that would be an issue as they don't know if they are contaminated or not.  Do feel guilty every time I see them sitting on the workbench though.

Wo7 is making masks. She sold six earlier to a lady on Nextdoor. $30 for supplies and labor. The lady gave her $60. A former coworker is coming by later for four. No charge for her. The local hospital has said they are not accepting homemade masks. Neither is Mom’s assisted living place. The masks could bring the virus inside. 

5 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Wo7 is making masks. She sold six earlier to a lady on Nextdoor. $30 for supplies and labor. The lady gave her $60. A former coworker is coming by later for four. No charge for her. The local hospital has said they are not accepting homemade masks. Neither is Mom’s assisted living place. The masks could bring the virus inside. 

I think most places wash them before handing them out.  Nursing homes here are getting hit by COVID because employees keep bringing it in.  So are they making employees staying in the building 24/7 too, to make sure they don't bring it in?

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think most places wash them before handing them out.  Nursing homes here are getting hit by COVID because employees keep bringing it in.  So are they making employees staying in the building 24/7 too, to make sure they don't bring it in?

Don’t know the answer to that but I do know that with all the nursing homes here there would be more reported cases. 

Mr and Mrs Digi are making masks for my group homes. I am grateful. I am making some too. The number needed per person is three. One on the face, one I the laundry, and one in the pocket in case one on face gets soiled. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Mr and Mrs Digi are making masks for my group homes. I am grateful. I am making some too. The number needed per person is three. One on the face, one I the laundry, and one in the pocket in case one on face gets soiled. 

They are in Rochester at the post office.  skid loader broke down so haven't had tome to make more.  Hope to be able to do it in the next few days.

• Hugs 1