Single use disposable gloves

MickinMD

Authorities are worried if disposing of gloves, given how little regard many people have for where they toss them, is another can of worms that's been opened.

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/single-plastic-gloves-good-idea-coronavirus-problem/story?id=70018864

Gloves on sidewalks/streets:

gloves1-nc-ml-200407_hpEmbed_5x3_992.jpg

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

People are absolute pigs.  We are having problems with this locally too.  Gloves, wipes and things just left in shopping carts.  Disaster.

Why do you expect things to be any different, when they leave hypodermic needles lying around in all sorts of places? 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Why do you expect things to be any different, when they leave hypodermic needles lying around in all sorts of places? 

Well.... I don’t see hypodermic needles on the beach, parks nor community areas.  This is more prevalent in homeless/drug use areas.  

I’m also seeing cleaning supplies like gloves, masks and wipes in grocery store parking lots, beaches, sidewalks etc.  it’s a problem here too but not so much the needles.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Trash can, is that such a tough concept?

But that requires extra effort, you sometimes have to go a couple steps out of your way to use those.

I long lost count of the amount of times I've seen people clean out the trash from their car by just opening the door and putting it on the ground right next to them when there is a trash can damn near right directly in front of them.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Well.... I don’t see hypodermic needles on the beach, parks nor community areas.  This is more prevalent in homeless/drug use areas.  

I’m also seeing cleaning supplies like gloves, masks and wipes in grocery store parking lots, beaches, sidewalks etc.  it’s a problem here too but not so much the needles.

You are probably right, as I really would not know, as I don't frequent beaches, parks, or community areas.

8 hours ago, Indy said:

I long lost count of the amount of times I've seen people clean out the trash from their car by just opening the door and putting it on the ground right next to them when there is a trash can damn near right directly in front of them

Thankfully I have only seen that rarely, and then it was a boatload of cigarette butts. Buttheads.