Restaurant food

Allen

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

When was your last meal cooked by strangers?

Last wk. Dearie greeted me home with takeout order from a French restaurant.  It was lovely I had pre-ordered it...rice with jumbo shrimp, veggies and brandy, butter sauce.  We started off with a lovely thick fish French soup.

I'm not concerned since it was a cooked meal.

I got a burger on Sunday night and ate some veggie tacos we picked up on Saturday last night.  The former cooked and the latter zapped.  The lady taking the orders had gloves on and usually the cooks do to.  But none of this shit is bulletproof.  Absolutely it can contaminate.   We often get iced coffees too and that seems like a low risk item. And I personally don't have contact with anyone but my wife and cat.  We're a packaged deal. If one of us gets it -- probably the whole house goes down.  Comforting.  But in the end, my wife works at a health care facility and I still believe there's a greater chance she picks it up there and passes on to us.  All peeps and family working in the healthcare industry suffer this fate.

It is rare that we go to a restaurant as prefer to cook our own meals. When forced to when traveling it confirms why with the aggressive use of salt to (cheaply) enhance flavors. BLEH! Likewise with a lot of canned and other pre-processed foods at the grocery store. Canned soup is the worst while perceived as "healthy diet".

While I am not a calorie counter, with it now listed on restaurant menus, wife - who is slim anyway - gravitates to the least calorie selection and I hear "That's 1200 calories...you're not going to eat that are you?" Talk about BUZZ KILL!

• Heart 1

Well, I ate leftover Chinese last night. It was new-in-the-box on Sunday. I picked it up.

I had chicken fingers from Popeye's yesterday on my way back from the Red Cross.

I have been trying to hit the mom & pops places around here for lunch (carry out) hoping they'll survive the crisis.

I regularly get prepared meals from the local grocery store or deli.  The last takeout meal from a restaurant was from the local Italian place.  I picked it up last night but don't plan on eating it until today.  A harder question would be when was the last time I didn't have a meal made by strangers.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

I'm guessing sometime in early/mid-March - right around the beginning of the stay at home advice. Nothing in April.

Once I stopped going into the city for work, that eliminated any lunches from restaurants.  Dinners were already sort of rare - maybe take-out once a week (at most) and eating in at restaurants was already rare.

Around Mar. 9th, the day before I moved into the apartment.

I've learned that G&M, often called THE best crab cake restaurant in the Baltimore area and has my vote, is still doing carryout. It's about a 20 min. drive and it's on my list.  It will probably be swamped with orders on Good Friday, so I'll wait until next week.

I'll have salmon filet with crab-stuffing on Good Friday and, for Easter, I'll have Poor Man's Pierogies in honor of the poor Apostles: egg noodles, fried onions, cottage cheese, and sour cream with bite-sized pieces of a smoked turkey kielbasa ring cut up in it.

35 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I regularly get prepared meals from the local grocery store or deli.  The last takeout meal from a restaurant was from the local Italian place.  I picked it up last night but don't plan on eating it until today.  A harder question would be when was the last time I didn't have a meal made by strangers.

Yum, take out Italian. About once a week,  I'd order the Chicken Marsala, extra wet.