Hey Wheels, I maxed out my allotted attachment space

Dottleshead

Apparently I've used 167% of my allotted space.  So I go in to clear out some space and I've got gazillions of pages that I can only delete one page at a time.  So after like 6 page deletes and only watching the percentage arrow move to the left from the $167 to the 164% mark -- I'm thinking there's got to be an easier way.  @Square Wheels

Can you please just zap them all so I can upload another 167%?  It should be good for another 5 years. Thanks.

Psssst.  I'm guessing most of this space is in my blogs.  I'd be interested in keeping those if you can figure it out.  Otherwise, meh, I'll post some future trips in there.  But they are kinda cool.

I just went back and removed about 20 pages of pics from 2015 and 2016.  I had no idea that these cobwebs would still be cluttering the interwebs.

No wonder wheels is always running out of server space.

Put an age limit of some of this stuff wheels.  Ralph may lose some of the zombie magic but you won't be going broke.

• Heart 2

I need to delete them one at a time too.

I cannot afford the next server size up, that's $100 a month, this one is already $50 a month, plus a lot each year in software costs.

@Redfacedwalrus, can you hook me up with an AWS guru?  This software has built in options to host images there, but you need to be a software engineer to even figure out how to sign up for an account on their site.

Each user gets 1,000 MB of space now, that's a lot.  If everyone used that, I'd go over my limit immediately.  I can up it to 1,250, but that's it.

Sorry guys.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

I did delete a bunch of the larger and older images.  In the admin section for files, there are 25 per page and over 2,000 pages of images.  I only see the image, the size, date posted, and poster.  I don't see the thread.  It's a crap shoot deleting them not knowing if it was important to you or not.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I need to delete them one at a time too.

I cannot afford the next server size up, that's $100 a month, this one is already $50 a month, plus a lot each year in software costs.

@Redfacedwalrus, can you hook me up with an AWS guru?  This software has built in options to host images there, but you need to be a software engineer to even figure out how to sign up for an account on their site.

Each user gets 1,000 MB of space now, that's a lot.  If everyone used that, I'd go over my limit immediately.  I can up it to 1,250, but that's it.

Sorry guys.

You (users) can dump them a page at a time by clicking on the "all" in the filter setting to the right and then on the trash can that removes them.  I went from 167% to under 75% in about 3 minutes.

I had no idea that all that stuff, from my downloaded pictures, was being saved somewhere. 

Pictures of drones I was building in 2015 or whole calendar sets of pictures aren't really necessary any more. 

• Heart 1

I just did a little clean up.  Thanks for the tip on 'ALL' Maxi.  I got my % of allocation from 29 to 10% in just a couple minutes.

I figure that only 2% of what I post has any redeeming value so the crap from 2018 and before has an approximately 0.003% chance of having any value.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I just did a little clean up.  Thanks for the tip on 'ALL' Maxi.  I got my % of allocation from 29 to 10% in just a couple minutes.

I figure that only 2% of what I post has any redeeming value so the crap from 2018 and before has an approximately 0.003% chance of having any value.

Me too.  I cleaned out everything before 2019.  If you see any pics that for some reason you have to keep, click on the thumbnail, enlarge it so that it's on a stand alone page and save it to your own downloads file.  Then when you delete that page you still have that "diamond" to repost someday

I like to post pics from trips or the secret lab so I must have been one of the bad offenders.

copy and paste stuff isn't an attachment and doesn't count against your file space as near as I can tell.

Went through mine and cut it down from 20% to 3% deleted everything older than 2 years.  Deleted all files older than 6 months that were larger than 200k.  I usually post at 200k or less so not a huge number of large files to delete.  Took out all the smart-a$$ and silly ones too.  Hopes that helps a little.

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I am in other forums that have a 300k limit on uploads. Nothing larger will go through.  I don't know if that  option is available in this software or not.

This software has that option too.

I set individual uploads to 10MB, each person ends up with a total of 1.25GB (more or less).

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

So, the values I see under List Accounts / Disk Used, that's how much each site is taking?

That's a cPanel value and isn't very accurate, I think cPanel takes a check like once every few days since it takes up a bit of resources to measure. I'll PM you more accurate per-account numbers.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Dottles said:

For me, I figured out how to wipe out an entire page early.  But I didn't realize how much crap I do post.  If I delete one page, it drops 1%.  I've gotten it down to about 63% now.  It seems like this method of self-purging is still the best way?

last page, all, delete

last page, all, delete

last page, all, delete

The loop is very quick.

I know, I know.  I do come from the old school days of brute force programming.

Just now, maddmaxx said:

last page, all, delete

last page, all, delete

last page, all, delete

The loop is very quick.

Not in my loop.  I've spent about 10 minutes and I've got a long way to go.  I think the software is calculating anything over X storage as 167%... and I'm thinking I've got a lot more than most folks.  I repeat.  1 page at my end removes roughly 1%.   I've got another 66 pages to purge.

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Not in my loop.  I've spent about 10 minutes and I've got a long way to go.  I think the software is calculating anything over X storage as 167%... and I'm thinking I've got a lot more than most folks.  I repeat.  1 page at my end removes roughly 1%.   I've got another 66 pages to purge.

OK, 4 minutes instead of 3.

15 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Didn't I mention I was already at the 10 minute mark?  Oh nevermind.  You're badgering me.  wait..  Is badgering even a thing?  Isn't @Digital_photog from Wisconsin?  I'd bet he'd know.  Or is that @smudge?

Hey noob,  I'm a displaced Buckeye over in the whoisyour state.  @smudge is a yooper. or is she a badger who yooped too much? 

• Haha 1