I had to reboot my dishwasher

JerrySTL

And it's not even a Microsoft product. Every once in a while the dishwasher doesn't finish a cycle. I have to go to the circuit breaker box and cycle the breaker. Then the dishwasher starts working correctly again. Same goes for some other things like cable boxes and, of course,  Windows PCs. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

And it's not even a Microsoft product. Every once in a while the dishwasher doesn't finish a cycle. I have to go to the circuit breaker box and cycle the breaker. Then the dishwasher starts working correctly again. Same goes for some other things like cable boxes and, of course,  Windows PCs. 

Our cable box needs a reboot every so often. It's had to find a time when Wo2 isn't recording 2-3 shows. So usually it crashes & then she reboots it.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2Far said:

Our cable box needs a reboot every so often. It's had to find a time when Wo2 isn't recording 2-3 shows. So usually it crashes & then she reboots it.

My wife gets angry anytime the DVR or a computer needs to reboot.  The DVR will put all six tuners on the same channel, so you lose the 30min buffer on any other channel.  The PCs will close any open files and web pages, and she hates reopening stuff (even though the browser reopens her 50+ tabs normally).

All this new technology built into everything these days has me scratching my brain. Each of our new appliances came with huge owner's booklets. The first time we used our new dishwasher, the dog flipped out when the door opened by itself during the drying cycle. Then we woke up to music playing at 11 pm. :dontknow:

• Heart 1

54 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

And my garmin watch

Well, our Uverse system consists of the Uverse/DVR box, the router/wifi box a wireless TV wifi box and two wireless TV receivers.

The wireless TV receiver boxes can actually send/receive, b/c I can hard wire the TV to the box for internet service (it seems to be faster then the regular wifi and reduces by two the number of devices hooked up to said wifi)

2 hours ago, team scooter said:

All this new technology built into everything these days has me scratching my brain. Each of our new appliances came with huge owner's booklets. The first time we used our new dishwasher, the dog flipped out when the door opened by itself during the drying cycle. Then we woke up to music playing at 11 pm. :dontknow:

I just saw dishwasher on The Price Is Right that you can control with your phone! Why? The door opening is a great idea if you air dry  

27 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I have a Garmin Forerunner 35 that is currently driving me nuts. I just posted in the Garmin forums about it. Hardly any issues with my Edge 520.

Are you trying to operate both of them in Garmin connect simultaneously?    I cannot do that with my Vivo Active watch and the Vivo fit that wheels gave me.  One or the other has to be eleminated from the account.  I ended up putting the Fit in womaxx's account.

14 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Are you trying to operate both of them in Garmin connect simultaneously?    I cannot do that with my Vivo Active watch and the Vivo fit that wheels gave me.  One or the other has to be eleminated from the account.  I ended up putting the Fit in womaxx's account.

I switched it to WoJSTL's new account. That's when the trouble started. It keeps trying to link to other devices. 

4 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Every once in a while the dishwasher doesn't finish a cycle.

Every once is a while the settings on ours get changed - like turning off heated dry or adding a steam cycle.  I usually don't realize until too late - ie unloading it and everything is still wet or it seems to run for two hours.

17 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I switched it to WoJSTL's new account. That's when the trouble started. It keeps trying to link to other devices. 

Perhaps it needs to be given a full reset to new.  That seems to help sometimes.  There was a method for the Fit that required x number of button pushes and holds and more pushes. Itwas a pain but worked eventually once I got the timing right.  Then you have to bind it again into the new account.

There is info on the web about how each device is reset.

4 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Same goes for some other things like cable boxes and, of course,  Windows PCs. 

Years ago I had a 93 Dodge Intrepid.  I was taking 2 guy out for lunch.  We got into the car and I drive maybe 300 yards.  I stopped, turned the car off, and restarted the car. The guys were asking why??  Probably half of the stuff in the car wasn't working correctly.  I told them i needed to reboot the car.  After it was re started it worked just fine.  

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Every once is a while the settings on ours get changed - like turning off heated dry or adding a steam cycle.  I usually don't realize until too late - ie unloading it and everything is still wet or it seems to run for two hours.

This really pisses WoKzoo off.  Should heated dry get turned off for any reason she will stomp through the house or the property or the county to find me and accuse me (at an extremely elevated vocal volume) of ruining her life again because of wet dishes.

10 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Windows PC's?  Just before I left the house to walk Jake today, my Windows 10 HP Laptop was hanging up for minutes at a time, so I turned it off.  I couldn't get it to reboot, or else it was just taking more than several minutes to get past the initial part of the boot where an HP and a "wait" circle appear.  So I turned it on with F12 held down and it went into its automatic repair mode.  I was on "Diagnosing" for several minutes and I decided to let it run and go walk the dog.

When I returned, it had found nothing and suggested I reboot the computer with a "Reboot" button on the screen.  I did so and it booted as it normally does.  Argh!

• Heart 1