What is in your wallet?

Wilbur

20 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

8 green papers with pictures of Andrew Jackson. About 20 cards, 5 or so of which can be used for financial transactions. The rest are AAA cards, Wegmans, Holiday Inn, Red Cross, etc. 

Similar, but tired of wearing holes in my pocket because some store or business wanted me to carry around their plastic. Got rid of those specialty cards by either storing in an old wallet left at home in the file cabinet for those used once or twice a year, and more often cards a special card specific wallet design that keep in the car for easy access when needed. Finally that green stuff in my wallet is getting old as haven't touched it in two weeks which has never happened before. I wonder if it is some fungi or something.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

My wallet sits unused as a repository of the non-essential cards and extra cash.  In my little "card holder", I have my primary stuff - CCs, license, Costco card, some cash, building card, and Metro card.  I should remove the last two as I'm WFH all the time, and stick them in my wallet until I need them again :scratchhead:

• Heart 1

A work credit card, some personal credit cards, affinity cards for about 5 stores, condo ID card which you need for any of the activities or shuttle bus, medical ID cards, AAA card, bank debit/ATM card, drivers license and a picture insert with business cards from a number of businesses that I use including one listing numbers for a variety of hotel/airline programs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

A work credit card, some personal credit cards, affinity cards for about 5 stores, condo ID card which you need for any of the activities or shuttle bus, medical ID cards, AAA card, bank debit/ATM card, drivers license and a picture insert with business cards from a number of businesses that I use including one listing numbers for a variety of hotel/airline programs.

Kirby wins!  

Three credit cards, 1 insurance card, 1 medicare card, 1 library card, 1 drivers license, 1 FAA registration card, 1 food discount card for local restaurants, 1 appointment card for my optometrist, 1 Panera rewards card, 1 dog eared social security card, 2 grocery store cards and one China Air frequent flyer card

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kirby wins!  

It's not a surprise my purse weighs a ton - and I forgot to include the library card and a CVS gift card I've carried for over a year without using.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I have five credit cards in my Wallet, a 6th linked to the Walmart Pay app on my cell phone, and a 7th that I never need to carry around: the Amazon Store Card.

I have them, all no-annual-fee cards, for the purpose of maximizing the cash back I get.  They generate about $700-$1000 per year, though they'll be much higher this year replacing items lost in my house fire. I apply my cash-back to reduce my credit card statements, NOT for taking money off of purchases because those purchases generate more cash back!

I get my Soc. Sec. check on the 2nd Wed. of the month (8th-14th) so I arranged that all my credit card statements are automatically paid in full and come due on the 15th of the month and the Soc.Sec. check usually more than covers it, minimizing how much money I need to move around between savings and checking.

Discover Card rotates quarterly 5% cash-back categories (Groceries, Drugstores, Restaurants including Carryouts, etc.). Apr.-Jun. is Gasoline and transportation (Uber, bus, train, etc.)

Chase Freedom Visa similarly rotates quarterly 5% cash-back categories. Apr.-June is Supermarkets.

Amazon Store Card is 5% cash-back for all Amazon purchases.

Capital One Walmart Visa is 5% cash-back for Walmart Online purchases permanently, 5% for in-store purchases for 1 year (Oct. 7, 2020 for me) then 2%.

Citi Costco Visa is always 2% cash-back for Costco in-store purchases, 4% for Costco or any stand-alone gas stations (Exxon, etc.) and 3% for restaurants, bar-restaurants, and carryouts.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card is 3% cash-back for Supermarket purchases.

Citi Double Cash Mastercard is 2% cash-back for everything and is my much-used, fall-back card for items where the other cards only pay 1% cash-back.

I could probably consolidate more with something like Apple Pay, but never set it up. Just don't want electronic beaming all over the place. It is bad enough that it self launches some programs (music, browsers, etc) while in my pocket which begin auto playing. Certainly don't want a program auto making random purchases. Hate to walk into a bike shop and tomorrow find that I purchased a bike. Really? What am I going to do with the beach cruiser or tandem that I had no idea I wanted? I just went in for tires...not a complete bike. Granted new tires did come on that Colnago C64 Super Record that shows up on my card.