How’s Your Hair Looking?

ChrisL

Best, I shove my hair under my bike helmet. It  will become a hassle just for my bangs in 2 months --too long and will obscure my vision. No they need the expertise of a hair stylist....layered cutting. No rice bowl cuts.

Later, I might resort to using my curling iron (which was retired a few years ago 'cause my hair cuts got short), to temporarily lift the length of my hair edges...that is the advantage of having straight hair.

• Heart 1

I got my hair cut the last day the place I go was open, so it's been just about a month.  It was pretty short before so it's still mostly ok, but in a month it will be driving me crazy.

Wild, but I am not too concerned, and it does not bother me, except for strays that I see out of the corner of my eye.  Clippers or small scissors make removal pretty easy. Friend that brought diesel for the tractor even commented that it was getting pretty wild and sticking out from my cap, but he did not say anything about my bloody face, as he was afraid my wife had gotten after me. :rolleyes:He just lets his daughter take his off close all over, and I could do the same, as I have the tools, but why bother.

I got mine cut on March 5, paid for with a smoky-smelling $20 bill that survived my house fire two days earlier: I wanted to look my best meeting with insurance, construction, etc. people.

So it's still short enough, though most days it's styled like Boris Johnson's.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, groupw said:

So far so good. I got it cut 3/18. I can normally go 6-8 weeks between cuts. I asked her to cut it a little shorter just in case. 

3/18? That is some precision. Even construction framer go to an 1/8. 

I did mine last night in the back yard then move in to the bathroom to clean up. WoScrapr's makeup mirror on the wall really helps

IMG_20200414_080912.jpg

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Daughter#2 is an out of work (furloughed) stylist.  She may or may not have stopped by our house on Friday and when she was or wasn't there she may or may not have cut my hair.

#look'ngood

Hmm, you have very poor social distancing skills.  Who else is she cutting hair for?

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Daughter#2 is an out of work (furloughed) stylist.  She may or may not have stopped by our house on Friday and when she was or wasn't there she may or may not have cut my hair.

#look'ngood

I have great respect for some hair stylists who are skilled and experienced.  They deal with all sorts of customer hair challenges (not the bald ones :)). When I find one (it has been female) who I like their skill and customer service, I stick with them for years.  Dealing with hair that naturally curls/wavey in certain way, very straight hair which for dark hair, every microscopic cut mistake shows immediately, and health conditions which can determine the health of hair.

I like watching some of the different cutting techniques they've tried on my hair.

17 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I wasn’t going to schedule a care giver to stay with my wife just so I could get my hair cut so I had a two month head start on everyone else.

I have about a 6 week head start on mine. Got it cut mid Feb , before our oldest son got married again.  I assumed the Great Clips would be closed after the Mar 15 announcement in AZ.  They werent, but I didnt find that out until they actually did close. I am working on my shelter in place beard too.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1