A certain level of anger

maddmaxx

can be found when shopping at the lgs.  I went this morning for the first time in 2 weeks for senior hours at a large grocery store because there are things there that are not available in the small market that everyone else doesn't bother going to.

There were younger people there during senior hours.  The store personell say that short of having a policeman there checking ages it's unenforceable.  There were lots of people not wearing masks.  Since the state is requiring that only one person per family go into a store at a time, the workaround is ma and pa getting a cart of their own and then following each other around the store.  There are people picking things up and putting them back and then digging into a pile of produce to pick up another.  The produce portion of the store is well stocked with few customers but the instant food sections are crowded.

Beyond that people are complaining about political things.  I don't want to hear your bullshit lady.

I left before I was done shopping.  People suck.  My personal 14 day quarantine clock starts over now.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 3

Well, if you are stocking up on produce to last a week or more, you have to pick it up and feel it to tell freshness and tell if it will last a week or more, or just days.

But to keep people happy about me not touching stuff and putting it back, I see how far I can throw the produce across the store now that doesn't meet my standards so that people don't get mad at me for touching things and then putting it back.  Maybe a little wasteful, but better safe than sorry.  

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I saw some of the same stuff.  Too young, no masks, couples, touching stuff. Dog help me, I was hoping they would get the virus.

I think MD and DC have now required masks for going into stores.  I think VA might follow.  The PX/BX here is also thermal scanning before entry, which is interesting.

It's really awful to think it's either near minimum wage store employees OR police that are the front lines of dealing with idiots out shopping.  I realize the "me first" movement is in full swing as a national mantra, but damned if it doesn't look super ugly once there is a crisis of some sort.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think MD and DC have now required masks for going into stores.  I think VA might follow.  The PX/BX here is also thermal scanning before entry, which is interesting.

It's really awful to think it's either near minimum wage store employees OR police that are the front lines of dealing with idiots out shopping.  I realize the "me first" movement is in full swing as a national mantra, but damned if it doesn't look super ugly once there is a crisis of some sort.

I see a lot of unpleasantness manifest during this stressful time. I'm sure many people don't understand the best path through. Even leadership is leaning toward self service.

I’m sure glad that I can’t even relate to that behavior. My LGS is where I have shopped because it is the closest store and I need to shop quick and get back home. They now request seniors and at risk customers shop between 8 and 10 am. When I have been there there are usually about six shoppers (less than one per isle). All of us had a mask of some sort, everyone was polite. I didn’t see any young people. The young people are evidently honoring the senior hours. 
A month ago I had to go to another town so I made a quick stop in Aldi. It wasn’t bad, they had plexiglass shields around the cashiers and signs and floor markings telling you how to keep the proper distance. There were maybe a dozen shoppers, all well behaved.

I love country living.

19 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Here thw early morning hours are for seniors, immune compromised or those in close contact with the high risk groups(living with immune compromised)

I wish my mom and dad would use those hours to shop

That is when I go.  Problem 1. They haven't finished baking or restocking at that time.  Problem 2. You are fighting with all the employees picking baskets for the online shoppers.  Other than that, very few idiots and most are wearing masks. 

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That is when I go.  Problem 1. They haven't finished baking or restocking at that time.  Problem 2. You are fighting with all the employees picking baskets for the online shoppers.  Other than that, very few idiots and most are wearing masks. 

Problem #3........they are seniors...........:lol:  Aaaaannnnnnddddd they tend to get stuck in the middle of an aisle trying to remember where on their list the last item was so they can check it off.  

Damn seniors.   :ph34r:

:D

see:  I've been safe at home for 3 hours and I feel better already.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

Last week, I was leaving a grocery store, when  security guard was  asking a guy to wait because there was a customer number limit for store.  Guy started to swear a string...he actually spat at a store clerk. Another customer trailed abit after the culprit:  "Why did you spit on her like that?"

Most people seem cooperative. No not everyone is wearing masks but they try to walk/stand distance from you.  

6 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Last week, I was leaving a grocery store, when  security guard was  asking a guy to wait because there was a customer number limit for store.  Guy started to swear a string...he actually spat at a store clerk. Another customer trailed abit after the culprit:  "Why did you spit on her like that?"

Most people seem cooperative. No not everyone is wearing masks but they try to walk/stand distance from you.  

Around here that's an assault charge as it should be.  A couple more weeks and it may be a shooting.

• Heart 1

When I go, I look but do not touch.  I buy what I touch.  I diseninfect before, during and after.  I have taken to taking one or two wipes with me when I leave the house and I use one to open doors, wipe down carts, etc.

Keep hand sanitizer in car and sanitize when I get back in car.

Wash with soap and water when I get home.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Awe damn, now I need to check if CV-19 can be spread teeth to knuckles.. 

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

When I go, I look but do not touch.  I buy what I touch.  I diseninfect before, during and after.  I have taken to taking one or two wipes with me when I leave the house and I use one to open doors, wipe down carts, etc.

Keep hand sanitizer in car and sanitize when I get back in car.

Wash with soap and water when I get home.

That is what I do.  I had to explain, politely of course, to a woman the other day that the signs all say "touch it and buy it".  She touched the entire stack of avocados looking for just the right one.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

She touched the entire stack of avocados looking for just the right one.  

You have to.  That is one think you have to squeeze.  No exception.  

I'm good 'cause I never buy those.  I did once but got in trouble for not knowing what I was doing...  just another example.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

can be found when shopping at the lgs.  I went this morning for the first time in 2 weeks for senior hours at a large grocery store because there are things there that are not available in the small market that everyone else doesn't bother going to.

There were younger people there during senior hours.  The store personell say that short of having a policeman there checking ages it's unenforceable.  There were lots of people not wearing masks.  Since the state is requiring that only one person per family go into a store at a time, the workaround is ma and pa getting a cart of their own and then following each other around the store.  There are people picking things up and putting them back and then digging into a pile of produce to pick up another.  The produce portion of the store is well stocked with few customers but the instant food sections are crowded.

Beyond that people are complaining about political things.  I don't want to hear your bullshit lady.

I left before I was done shopping.  People suck.  My personal 14 day quarantine clock starts over now.

Wow!  I don't know if any of the stores with senior hours here are having similar problems.  A lot of stores also have the one-person-per-family rule but they're letting people bring their kids with them - who is going to baby sit?

I haven't shopped since Monday last week and don't expect to do so until at least next Monday, but where I go doesn't have Senior hours, etc.  The Food Lion supermarket I went to last is my best bet for an all-in-one store.  It's a full-size supermarket but it's a mile off the main highway so it isn't as crowded as those on the highway.  It dpesn't have any requirements I know of and the shoppers there are mostly well behaved.

But there are some things I can't get there that may make me stop at some other places, but my sister says, "Do without! Stop at one grocery store only!"

There is a Giant Supermarket 2 miles from the Food Lion that has Cooked Perfect brand Precooked, Frozen, 1/2 oz. Italian Meatballs (52 per package). I've got about 30 left (6 meals) so I might pass or get whatever Food Lion has.

Sometimes, emergency conditions require that one give up on "important" things that can kill you.  IMO the people ignoring the restrictions probably think they are immortal.

Moms really need a baby sitter or chains to latch the kids to the cart.  I don't love your ever so cute rug rats running around the store.