Head Lice, Worm med kills coronavirus in test tubes

MickinMD

Do NOT use this on a human - but it kills COVID-19 in test tubes in 48 hrs!

image.png.c362f37f2ea2aa05f4a08bcdceb026a4.png

Ivermectin Paste Horse Wormer (1.87% Ivermectin) controls bots, large strongyles, small bloodworms, ascarids (roundworms), threadworms, pinworms, hairworms, lungworms, and large mouth stomach worms. Ivermectin wormer is proven safe for horses of all ages, including pregnant mares, breeding stallions, and foals of any age. Each syringe will treat up to 1250 lbs. body weight. Syringes are adjustable in 250 lb. increments. Apple flavored.

Head lice drug emerges as potential coronavirus treatment, studies show

Too soon to call it a breakthrough, but experts are showing cautious optimism.

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/head-lice-drug-emerges-potential-coronavirus-treatment-studies/story?id=70119724

Research into the drug’s viability in treating COVID-19 is still in its early stages – far too soon to call it a breakthrough. But with the emergence of two preliminary studies yielding promising results, experts are expressing cautious optimism.

The development of ivermectin as an anti-parasitic treatment dates back to the 1970s and 1980s, first as a veterinary treatment for nematodes in cattle and later as a way to combat river blindness in humans. More recently, ivermectin is known for its topical use in treating head lice. Its use in treating those and other parasites has earned ivermectin a spot on the World Health Organization’s list of essential medicines.

But now, researchers are looking to the drug for broader use in killing off SARS-Cov-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 – and earlier this month, a team of scientists in Australia found just that in test tubes.

“We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it,” said Dr. Kylie Wagstaff, the leader of the team from Melbourne’s Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute.

The coronavirus is not a parasite, but experts suggest that the drug essentially treats it like one and blocks the viral RNA from invading healthy cells. Unable to enter the cell, the RNA is slowed from replicating, giving the patient's immune system more time to fight it off.

“There are numerous examples of drugs with in vitro activity not proving effective in human studies,” said Shah.

...“We noted a lower mortality and reduced healthcare resource use in those treated with ivermectin,” wrote Dr. Amit Patel, the lead author of the University of Utah team.

...Because ivermectin is still widely used to treat parasitic worms in some animals, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration wrote last Friday that it “is concerned about the health of consumers who may self-medicate by taking ivermectin products intended for animals, thinking they can be a substitute for ivermectin intended for humans.”

Experts plea that consumers do not take ivermectin at home, as dangerous consequences of the drug include widespread body swelling, liver injury, and serious neurological harm.

This insanity has  caused Ivermectin to be very had to get for its intended purpose.  Tractor Supply stores have pulled it from the shelves and are refusing to sell it at many places because of this.  One friend did manage to get them to sell her one tube for her horse.  This was against company policy but they knew her well.  A friend of hers was in the store at the same time wanted it for his pigs and they refused to sell it to him.  I'm glad we have a supply of it for horses and sheep on hand.  If you want to kill yourself go find something that won't make my necessary animal drugs unavailable.  Maybe you can eat enough toilet paper to do the job.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

This insanity has  caused Ivermectin to be very had to get for its intended purpose.  Tractor Supply stores have pulled it from the shelves and are refusing to sell it at many places because of this.  One friend did manage to get them to sell her one tube for her horse.  This was against company policy but they knew her well.  A friend of hers was in the store at the same time wanted it for his pigs and they refused to sell it to him.  I'm glad we have a supply of it for horses and sheep on hand.  If you want to kill yourself go find something that won't make my necessary animal drugs unavailable.  Maybe you can eat enough toilet paper to do the job.

We can only hope this "cure" doesn't work on the normal flu as well!  :runcirclsmiley:

6 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Be careful.  This BS is making me grumpy.  You don't want to mess with a  grumpy old man.

Not a problem.  In less than 5 minutes you will forget what you're upset about.  We're just going to tell you it's because you misplaced your teeth and all will be fine.

Except you'll spend he next 15 minutes looking for your teeth.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Not a problem.  In less than 5 minutes you will forget what you're upset about.  We're just going to tell you it's because you misplaced your teeth and all will be fine.

Except you'll spend he next 15 minutes looking for your teeth.

It will be very hard to lose my teeth unless I make you grumpy and you knock them out.   I still have all my teeth.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

:scratchhead:  Is @maddmaxx a grumpy old man too?

You betcha.  The greatest disadvantage of staying home for the last month or so is going out briefly and encountering the "human" race once again.  I had no idea that the genetic pool had gotten this poluted.

Of course there's also DH who is breaking new grumpy ground for me to follow.  :nodhead:

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

You betcha.  The greatest disadvantage of staying home for the last month or so is going out briefly and encountering the "human" race once again.  I had no idea that the genetic pool had gotten this poluted.

Of course there's also DH who is breaking new grumpy ground for me to follow.  :nodhead:

You should be less grumpy by staying home.  You encounter less stupid people.....Unless you are the stupid person.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

It will be very hard to lose my teeth unless I make you grumpy and you knock them out.   I still have all my teeth.

That has no bearing on the fact that when we tell you you were looking for them you will continue the search for at least 15 minutes.

Just now, Digital_photog said:
4 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

You should be less grumpy by staying home.  You encounter less stupid people.....Unless you are the stupid person.

On second thought maybe you need to stay off Farcebook too. 

AAAAAAAAAND now the old geezer is having conversations with himself.

• Haha 1