Have you noticed

donkpow

Just now, donkpow said:

how digital access to banking has resulted in more advertising, a decrease in the amount and quality of services, reduced the amount of money you can make, and increased the amount of time it takes to get anything done?

no not really

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

and increased the amount of time it takes to get anything done?

And I already spend most of my productive time not getting anything done.  It would be very difficult to increase that amount of time.  I'd have to use some of my unproductive time to supplement my productive time for that. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

how digital access to banking has resulted in more advertising, a decrease in the amount and quality of services, reduced the amount of money you can make, and increased the amount of time it takes to get anything done?

Imagine how bad it would be without all the increased efficiencies?!?!?!?!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

What I miss are tellers in the building when I go to my Credit Union.  There were always 2 or 3 girls who I taught in high school working there who would tell me if CD rates were going up or down in the near future, whether the new 5-year CD's will have 3-month or 12-month early redemption penalties, what kind of account to switch into, etc.  Now there's a teller on a TV screen working from headquarters and the turnover in officers to discuss CD's is so big I don't have much rapport with them and they seem to know less about what's going on than my former high school students who were tellers did.

• Heart 1

57 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And you've been happily married for how long, not counting tomorrow?

It’s a matter of exposure. I don’t even like that they send a paper check to her. We have a branch of her bank in town but it is small and they closed it down because they don’t have a drive in window. Now I have to drive to Hermitage just to deposit her check. Our accounts are all joint accounts but hers have her name listed first. She is not paying anything herself now anyway. She always paid the Verizon bill and direct TV plus all the organizations and charities that she supports. Now she has me do all of that