So I have a confession to make

Dottleshead

1 minute ago, onbike1939 said:

Hey! Stop being so hard on yourself.......I mean you're human after all. One without any backbone and gumption it's true.....or any self-respect or moral fibre........but still human.

There....now don't you feel better? Your problem is that you're far too hard on yourself Sweetcheeks.

I haven't had real pizza in 2 years.  I mean the loaded bad stuff.  It was delicious.  By the way, onbike, lay off the Scotch so early in the morning.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I haven't had real pizza in 2 years.  I mean the loaded bad stuff.  It was delicious.  By the way, onbike, lay off the Scotch so early in the morning.

It's true that I'm drinking a little more.....but I do mean a little as I don't drink much by most people's standards. This Lock-down has meant that I'm learning things though.

Things I have learned from this time.

It is not possible to sit down for five minutes without putting something in your mouth.

Those jobs…delayed until you had time… now have other reasons for not being done.

Someone….somewhere….and without anyone noticing, has done a time-shift. It is now perfectly permissible to have your lunch at four-forty while still in your pyjamas.

There is now no appetite to watch serious programmes on television or read serious books…..you find that you have an appetite for rubbish of every sort…and the more rubbishy the better.

That before you store your empty bottles, it is imperative that they be thoroughly washed…..as not to do so means that storing these in bulk causes an enormous stink. Not to do so means that you run the risk of the Postman reporting you for running unlicensed premises…..the officious idiot.

It is acceptable, when answering a wrong number…..to engage the caller for a good hour and a half listening to him talk about his wife’s bladder weakness…and for the whole thing to be really engrossing.

Quinine pills may serve the same purpose as Tonic in preventing cramp…..but Gin and Tonic means that you don’t care if it ever gets any better.

I have learned that there is no good reason to change your underwear more than once a week. To do more…. is an affectation and a mere sop to the overly fastidious.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

haven't had real pizza in 2 years.  I mean the loaded bad stuff.  It was delicious. 

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

I was hungry.  Real hungry.  My wife has been working her ass off.  I broke down and ordered a pizza.  It was a Hawaiian pizza.  I had 5 slices. 

It's ok to cheat once and a while. 

We make our own pizza with paper thin crust but just the other day we cheated. Wo46 found a coupon for a Hawaiian pizza and we ordered it. I ate 3 slices of thicker crust and we shared a porter beer. 

Everyone knows that I watch my diet to keep my diabetes in control but a thicker crust pizza and a dark beer will throw your glucose levels through the roof. 

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

I was hungry.  Real hungry.  My wife has been working her ass off.  I broke down and ordered a pizza.  It was a Hawaiian pizza.  I had 5 slices.  I'm pretty sure the weight I lost staying home these last 3 weeks was just put back on.  I was determined to eat it.  Not good for the heart disease folks.  What can I say?  I just broke down.  And I was not disappointed.  It was from Brunos and it was grubbin'. It  was everything I was hoping it to be.

I have found the "battle" with food to be futile.  My answer has been the other side of the equation.  To maintain, calories in = calories out.  To lose,  calories in < calories out. 

I won't win (don't want to win) a battle with food. I love eating.  I find eating healthier in general, and then poorly occasionally, is fine as long as I stay active.

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Dottles said:

I was hungry.  Real hungry.  My wife has been working her ass off.  I broke down and ordered a pizza.  It was a Hawaiian pizza.  I had 5 slices.  I'm pretty sure the weight I lost staying home these last 3 weeks was just put back on.  I was determined to eat it.  Not good for the heart disease folks.  What can I say?  I just broke down.  And I was not disappointed.  It was from Brunos and it was grubbin'. It  was everything I was hoping it to be.

You will poop it right out, don't worry!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dottles said:

Go for a 2 hr. cycle, Dottles. Seattle area would have some near deserted routes.

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

Go for a 2 hr. cycle, Dottles. Seattle area would have some near deserted routes.

Bicycle sales are way up.  I've never seen so many cyclists, joggers, dog walkers, etc..  The roads are less busy, but as this stay-at-home stuff goes on, I am seeing more and more folks back out on the roads.

You know Dottie..you have to have balance...I know you are trying to lose weight  and do the right thing after all your heart stuff...but it has to be balanced and livable.  So maybe next time, start your pizza meal with a nice salad...if possible..make your own pizza ( you have more control over the quality of the product..I have found it is still pizza and still awesome but it is less salt, sugar and fat than the bought product)..and eat 3 pieces..instead of 5..feed the craving with control.  Hang in there 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Nor here, I woke up today for the first time this week with no snow. Then I checked the weather. Snow starting at 11 and continuing all day. :angry:

The areas between you and me are supposed to get 6” of new snow today. We’re north of the storm and should just get a coating. 

• Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Bicycle sales are way up.  I've never seen so many cyclists, joggers, dog walkers, etc..  The roads are less busy, but as this stay-at-home stuff goes on, I am seeing more and more folks back out on the roads.

Yup. But then Vancouver has a high cycling mode already several years ago onward.  Real test will be in prairie city..

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

This is where our stimulus money is going.  

• Awesome 1

Don't sweat it, Dottie. Having a "cheat" day where you give yourself the OK, is actually a more sustainable way to diet than a totally perfect, strict regimen. My diet when I'm working is far from perfect, but I have been able to maintain a reasonably healthy weight, build and lifestyle. I found I actually ate better when I was in quarantine. I could eat when my body needed it, not when it was scheduled for me. 

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

For awhile I was eating strawberry jalapeño jam with natural peanut butter almost every day when I didn’t want to eat what I made for my wife.

As soon as I posted that, I began wondering about the jam on my toast I was eating and thinking it could be better with jalapeno.

• Hugs 1

35 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm at 15 or so.  GF pizza just isn't that good, plus now I don't eat cheese.

Actually the only regret I have is that a)  I didn't get a large and b) that I tried it again.  It was out of mind and out of sight -- and now all I can do it seems is think about eating another slice.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby said:

If there is any time where comfort food is appropriate, I'd say a pandemic qualifies.   I try not to go completely nuts, but a little fun is a good thing.

Well there are 3 private pizza places in the next town over.  We've never eaten from any of them so this time seems like a good time to try them.  :flirtyeyess:

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

As your attorney, I strongly advise skipping the ham and going with pepperoni.  This is the kind of thing you pay me for, you know.

the ham pineapple thing is a compromise with my wife.  It this were me -- there'd be lots of peppers, veggies, and -- yes -- pepperoni.  It'd also probably have spicy sauce and onions, olives, and the like.  Hell throw some mushrooms on that bad boy too.  It's all good.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1