Help with tires..............

petitepedal

Not mine...I got a pair odf Swhablies (sp) for my road bike...HOWEVER...my bike buddy is not happy with Bontragger ...NOT AY ALL...he has had several pair that have not lasted....he is looking for something for his  Trek 1200...700x 25 to 28...and well///a good "Tare" ....so what do you guys suggest????

you can't go wrong with Continental Gatorskins.

+1.

Also Continental GP 4000S tires especially the Black Chili version. More high performance than the 'skins with somewhat less puncture protections. The GPs have little dimples in the tread that are wear indicators. Nice touch.

+1.

Also Continental GP 4000S tires especially the Black Chili version. More high performance than the 'skins with somewhat less puncture protections. The GPs have little dimples in the tread that are wear indicators. Nice touch.

Who needs wear indicators.  When the threads are showing, it's time to replace them.  Otherwise, keep them rolling.

• Heart 1

I have been using GP4000s.  I can't wear one out.  I seem to get a gash in one before I wear it out.  Small nicks and holes I'm OK with, but gashes not so much.  I doubt anything it impervious to glass.  I've been happy enough with the tires, it's the schmucks that throw their beer bottles on the side of the road that bug me.