How is Mrs. LongJohn doing?

Airehead

WoJSTL worked as a nurse at a facility which was just for hospice patients. They had quite a few residents kicked out of the hospice program there. Often the reason was that the care they were getting at a conventional nursing home or their home health care was so bad. Simple things like being fed a good meals and moved to prevent bed sores.

54 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

WoJSTL worked as a nurse at a facility which was just for hospice patients. They had quite a few residents kicked out of the hospice program there. Often the reason was that the care they were getting at a conventional nursing home or their home health care was so bad. Simple things like being fed a good meals and moved to prevent bed sores.

The hospital bed we have I think goes a long way toward preventing bed sores. It’s an air bed that is constantly moving transferring pressure from one area to another. Our nurse and our aide are always mentioning how good her skin looks. When I give her her bath I spend a decent amount of time rubbing her back and any surfaces that are in contact with the bed. 

• Awesome 4

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The hospital bed we have I think goes a long way toward preventing bed sores. It’s an air bed that is constantly moving transferring pressure from one area to another. Our nurse and our aide are always mentioning how good her skin looks. When I give her her bath I spend a decent amount of time rubbing her back and any surfaces that are in contact with the bed. 

Gah!!!! You are just the BEST, LJ!!  ❤️

• Heart 2