Is it possible that I have been too hard on NJ?

Randomguy

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Morris!  And a few I can't pronounce. 

My cousin was mayor of Morris Township - the one whose mother was my late Aunt Sally.  Somehow, she arranged a viewing in the Morristown area on the 19th and another outside of Wilkes-Barre, PA on the 21st followed by a Catholic Priest-led service at the cemetery chapel, after which she was buried in the family plot the same day.  I know of only one local Wilkes-Barre relative (we have dozens of them there) who attended anything indoors and several others who went to the gravesite.  The ones who knew Aunt Sally best are mostly retired or close to it, catching COVID-19 is more dangerous at their ages, and many of them babysit grandkids while their parents work and they didn't want to endanger them.

Some Pennsylvania relatives told me they know local people whose relatives weren't legally allowed to be buried right now because of the pandemic and wondered how our cousin finagled it.  I said I didn't know but pointed out our cousin's famous I-won't-be-denied attitude and said, "You've got to give her a lot of credit."

• Heart 1