No Cleaning, Just Some Maintenance

Razors Edge

Well, maybe a very light wipe down of the frame with a baby wipe, but I was able to FINALLY swap out my stem's handlebar faceplate's bolts for new ones. The original ones were soooo crusty, rusty, and corroded from several years of my toxic sweat eating away at them.  Once again, a trip to HD for a few black metric bolts (from the same drawer as the saddle bolt I needed came from) and a couple dollars covered the switch.  Much more pleasant from a cosmetic standpoint.  Torqued them down to spec, rode 50 miles, and they passed the test.

Also pulled the Speedplay pedals off the Tarmac, pushed in a bunch new grease, and replaced them back on the bike.  My neighbor was out washing his cars, and popped his head in to mention that he thought I had just done that to the pedals.  I pulled my handy-dandy maintenance chart out (a clipboard!), and realized it was last done June 2nd.  We both shook our heads at the way time flies :(

So, two small routine maintenance jobs completed prior to a nice ride.  Next up, some other small stuff and other corroded bolts. Baby steps.

• Heart 1