Anyone wanna take over this site?

Square Wheels

Seriously.

I will keep it going, maybe forever, but it's not fun for me anymore.

It used to be, but now I get more complaints than I get enjoyment.  The time i spend negotiating with people, or out right arguing, as compared to just having fun has gotten out of control.

People seem to like to skirt the political / religious line, and you know that frustrates me, so it seems like you do it more.

There are some free options out there that won't give all the bells and whistles of this software.

To run the site as you see it costs about $100 a month, probably a little more.

If someone is serious about taking over, I am happy to transfer.  Contact me by PM.  Clearly I have failed too many people, I'm sure one of you can do better.

• Sad 11
  • Hugs 1

32 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

To run the site as you see it costs about $100 a month, probably a little more.

By the way, this was only for informational purposes for people serious about taking over, not a plea for money.  I can afford it (it hurts, but it's only money).  I just didn't want people to think it would be a simple transfer.  

You'll need your own server.  I'll give you the domain name, you'll need to maintain the registration.

It will take a day or two to transfer to a new server as there is over 50gb in files, and the database is over 2gb at this point.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so this is pinned, and locked.  I hid all of the posts, nothing was deleted.  I'll unpin it after a week or so.

I didn't start this thread for any other reason than to see if someone had the funds and commitment to take the site over.  I don't mean making you and admin here.  I give you the files, the database, and the rights to all of the content, and the site name.  All free.

All I need to be is convinced you won't close the site.

I do not plan to.  I may stop participating.  If I do, I'll even let Nate back since that's the cesspool many of you seem to want.

I'm tired.  Admining a site that makes no money and costs a fortune just isn't fun.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 2