great deal on gatorskins

bikeman564™

On 12/10/2020 at 12:41 PM, bikeman564™ said:

I prefer to buy local, but this deal is great. Two gatorskins (folding) for $82 w/ shipping & tax from Performance Bike. continental-gatorskin-

One nice thing about various Conti tires is that they are sold all over, and therefore, when I need to buy some new ones, I am able to get them on sale.  I luckily haven't needed Gatorskin levels of protection in years, but if I did, it's hard not to keep recommending them.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

One nice thing about various Conti tires is that they are sold all over, and therefore, when I need to buy some new ones, I am able to get them on sale.  I luckily haven't needed Gatorskin levels of protection in years, but if I did, it's hard not to keep recommending them.

I have 7396 miles on the Gatorskins on my bike now. The wear indicators are gone, but I'm not riding much now. And, I had one flat at 5000 something miles. I'm not sure they prevented other flats, but its hard to argue. So this is my tire forever :)

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I have 7396 miles on the Gatorskins on my bike now. The wear indicators are gone, but I'm not riding much now. And, I had one flat at 5000 something miles. I'm not sure they prevented other flats, but its hard to argue. So this is my tire forever :)

Yeah - that's a huge selling point for me across the Conti line-up - great mileage, few/no flats.  The 4000 II I have now and the 4000s from years past all see pretty long lives - usually a couple seasons - so 5,000 - 7,000 miles - and it's hard to complain about that. When I first went to Gatorskins, it was after having super soft OEM Specialized tires that just attracted road debris (and flats) WAY too often. Went to Michelins and liked them, but still got random flats. The Gatorskins then got put on and I don't think I ever got a flat with them.  Just good, dependable, and flat-resistant awesomeness.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - that's a huge selling point for me across the Conti line-up - great mileage, few/no flats.  The 4000 II I have now and the 4000s from years past all see pretty long lives - usually a couple seasons - so 5,000 - 7,000 miles - and it's hard to complain about that. When I first went to Gatorskins, it was after having super soft OEM Specialized tires that just attracted road debris (and flats) WAY too often. Went to Michelins and liked them, but still got random flats. The Gatorskins then got put on and I don't think I ever got a flat with them.  Just good, dependable, and flat-resistant awesomeness.

Ya, IIRC I think I had 1 flat on the last set too.  I used to use GP4000s for years too. 6000 miles was common for me. Sometimes less because they'd get cut up on roads. I'm a creature of habit, especially when it comes to things like this.