Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dirtyhip

11/14/17 Miles/kms

Went out on my CX bike to train.  I spent the first hour helping project badass, then she went back to work and I took some time for myself.  I like this loop near my work.  It is a closed loop, so no cars.  It's a nice little climb and then a fun little downhill.  You can get going decently fast on the down.  I was going at a really decent pace and all of a sudden my bike started to buck and seemed completely out of control.  Then, I realized, my front tire is flatting out at high speed.  So I am headed towards the apex of the turn close to the bottom of the downhill.  My bike will not turn.  I am headed right towards the barricades. I got the bike under control just to the left of the barricades.  I nearly shit a brick.  

With my bike at a full stop, I just stood there for a moment.  I was motionless and stunned that I kept it upright.  Then, back to business.  I popped out my tire kit, fixed up my tire the best I could, but was having trouble with the C02 cart.  One I had was empty, and the second one was being stupid.  I got enough air in it to retreat to my house.  I jammed home, grabbed my plus bike and then rode the mountain way back to work.  

Two bikes = 17 miles and 1900 ft of climbing.  

Weather, sunny...low 40's