Somewhat of a productive day.

KrAzY

Today I took my bike to a mechanic 'cause after a day and a half if ripping apart my bike I couldn't find the problem. 

I woke up at 5am to head to work and the headlights were no turning on.. no high beam, no parking lights, but all the rest of the lights worked for braking, turning and so on.. I was pissed I had to take the inlaws car.. I just doing like being trapped inside a vehicle anymore.

Anywho.. I put the bike back together this morning, and took it in for them to hook a power meter to in a few spots to see what's going on.

Wouldn't you know.. as soon as I handed the mechanic the keys the F'ing light is on.. we talk a little about general maintenance and what I should be doing, and the things I need not worry about and bring to them to do. He decided to turn it on again and the lights didn't come on.. Hell ya.. I wasn't making this shit up! 

He jumps on the bike and tears off to the back of the shop and calls me over after 15 min to tell me the issue and the prices. 

He looks at me and says it will be about $30 for finding the issue I couldnt. No worries.. thats going to be the cheap part I figured..

Somewhere in the wiring harness I have a short in the grounding wire. He showed me the section that over heated and started to burn.. 

Summary will be 300 to rewire the bike, or as he said "you are not scared to take things apart, and buy the looks of your hands you might know what your doing with tools". If you would like we can fix it, or you can go home, splice the line here and hear and put a jumper line in, and while you at it, Put a jumper line here and ground the line to here. 

I told him I'll do the work, and then I payed the bill while he put the bike back together. 

I came home and did what he said.. all three lights in the headlight are working awesome now. I also changed the oil, and the brakes while I was at it.. why just do one thing when you can tinker more.

I looked at the paperwork after I got home.. the mechanic wrote his personal number on the paper, and told me to call sometime.. he would like me to hang with the StayBroke crew he rides with.. I have been wanting to go out and play with them for a while now.. it's one of those things you have to have an invite to.. yay

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2