To celebrate Pi Day

shootingstar

next wk.

Niece wrote a novel few yrs. ago.  I have this feeling she borrows /tweaks some math jokes she knows and also what her father might have told.  He's the the engineering professor.

Yes, that's Toronto's CN Tower.  Her novels have featured Toronto neighbourhood or landmark in the story details.  She loves Toronto for its dynamic multiculturalism and dynamic fusion of many things.  Born, raised and lived there. 

image.png.72e85a83752d72073647b47d4d5db1d4.png

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Scrapr said:

She will have to write a book on Star Wars day

May the 4th

That's actually a great idea, Scrapr.  I'm not sure if she was ever deep into Star Wars.  And not sure about her husband...he's a mechanical engineer...maybe.  Some of the other women romance writers do blend in sci-fi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scrapr said:

She will have to write a book on Star Wars day

May the 4th

Um, I think May 4th was also something to do with the Communist Party coming into power in China...

Anyway niece has an engineering degree so she has /can add more techie details to a novel. She does feature some woman protagonists...as an engineer.  Another book she makes rock jokes....because she graduated from geotechnical engineering.

Niece's fondness for the city she lives in, Toronto can be expressed in an Oscar winning film animation by a Toronto film animation director:  "Turning Red", where the film features different parts of Toronto, like those streetcars, etc. 

Big cities are complex but it isn't all evil. When I visit Toronto, I'm energized and impressed still, by the creativity that I see.

image.thumb.png.7bf10a99f3ccc7e928632a5246c6e27f.png