Weed in sports

dinneR

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771410-athletes-smoke-weed-interviews-nba-nfl-420?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Cannabis culture in sports has an old-school stigma. You'll hear vague talk of scientific research here, news of a failed drug test or arrest there. But, to be blunt, real talk is hard to come by.

So here's a reality check: Professional athletes smoke weed. Indeed, the overwhelming majority of them do, according to new player estimates. Some even smoke before games.

9 hours ago, dennis said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771410-athletes-smoke-weed-interviews-nba-nfl-420?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Cannabis culture in sports has an old-school stigma. You'll hear vague talk of scientific research here, news of a failed drug test or arrest there. But, to be blunt, real talk is hard to come by.

So here's a reality check: Professional athletes smoke weed. Indeed, the overwhelming majority of them do, according to new player estimates. Some even smoke before games.

Oh yeah, I knew a white dude in college who was on the school basketball team that I found out was smoking crack.  Small, private school it was but nonetheless... athletes are not immune to societal problems.  They do not live in a vacuum.  My next door neighbor growing up was a triathlete and he was a daily weed smoker.  

With the number of states legalizing marijuana for recreational use growing, the NFL will likely remove THC from it’s prohibited drug list. But there will be a cost to the players in the CBA, as the owners will use it as a bargaining chip. I didnt know that the NBA tests for it so often, as I always understood it’s use was pretty popular in that league.