Pacific Crest Trail Adventure: Which segment should I choose?

Dottleshead

I will only have time for one segment on the PCT.   

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which trail segment should I hike?

• https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7009472/pct-tuolumne-meadow-to-sonora-pass
    • https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7009473/pct-sonora-pass-to-echo-lake
    • https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7009475/pct-echo-lake-to-highway-80-donner-summit

20 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I've hated every Austrian I've ever met.  They're all a bunch of entitled, soft core nazi wusses, with strong feelings of superiority, and little to recommend them as personable companions.  That's just one opinion.

In fact my google review can be found on this coffee shop:  

The Vienna Coffee Company & Kaffeehaus de Châtillon
16108 Ash Way #101, Lynnwood, WA
8 months ago-

Eff this place and their snooty coffee. After about 4 visits, the staff here is incredibly rude and mandating I adhere to their business model when ordering drinks. But that's not all. They are pretentious and when ordering a drink to go, they mandated that my can of water (which had 1/2 a drink left in it) be thrown out in the trash -- outside on the side walk. I don't need to go into details because the other one star reviews to this place are spot on. They will become argumentative with the customer if you don't adhere to their practices. I once asked one of the pompous, snooty stick up the ass employees if they have ever been to Wien (Vienna) and she said no. Well I have been and all through Austria and nowhere there was the service and people as disgusting as here. I refuse to ever go back to this place.

I regret not informing them that they lost the war.  Bunch of arrogant elitist pompous asses.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My wife and I recently met a wonderful Austrian on our hike to Colchuck Lake.  Then shared beers and brats in Leavenworth.  Nice guy.

Tom

Maybe the trick is to keep them in isolation?  I found the people in Salsburg and Vienna to be very nice.  But I have found some really disgusting one's here.  Probably like that with all peoples but if I could, I'd take a flame thrower to that coffee place.  

19 hours ago, Dottles said:

I once asked one of the pompous, snooty stick up the ass employees if they have ever been to Wien (Vienna) and she said no.

So, why the anger at Austrians?  Seems odd to blame Austria for someone who has never even been to Vienna, let alone lived there or can be seen as a representative.

The Austrians would probably be pizzed these jerks are using their culture for such a crappy coffee shop!

Tom

56 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, why the anger at Austrians?  Seems odd to blame Austria for someone who has never even been to Vienna, let alone lived there or can be seen as a representative.

The Austrians would probably be pizzed these jerks are using their culture for such a crappy coffee shop!

Tom

I'm not angry. And I don't play the racist card against Austrians.  As mentioned, my travels through Innsburg, Salsburg and Vieena did not produce these same results.  On the contrary.  But as Page called out, I have come to realize that some of the Austrians I have met here were total dicks... at least the ones I have met.  So that means there are a lot of Austrians Americans out there I haven't met.  

10 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I have come to realize that some of the Austrians I have met here were total dicks... at least the ones I have met. 

Fair enough. But the chick with the bad attitude at the VIenna Coffee shop is just a total dick, not an Austrian total dick???  Sort of a dick non sequitur

Tom

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Fair enough. But the chick with the bad attitude at the VIenna Coffee shop is just a total dick, not an Austrian total dick???  Sort of a dick non sequitur

Tom

Tom, we aren't talking about a chick here.  We are talking about 4 or 5 incredibly hot chicks here and a ruffian espresso barrista in the back -- something out of a mafia film -- that were all.... ahem.... dicks.  Their attitudes and actions were so shit that I don't care if that place burns down.  And it's not like it's a one time thing.  I went into that place 4 times (near the Park and Ride) and my general impression is that place can go fuck itself.  And then burn down.

• Haha 1