SpaceX Launch

Tizeye

Unfortunately, I set up just wrong. Saw the live feed so knew took off, then looking where clears trees on horizon, so there is some delay. Didn't see after a few seconds, leaned to the left and came up along that tree to the right. Took two steps over. If had caught earlier, would have seen the fire exhaust. Can't see the booster landings from where I am, but with the booster landing want to view - particularly a night launch - from the 5 mile viewing point along US1 and the shores of the intercoastal waterway. From there can actually see the launch towers, and obviously the re-landing pads.

11 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Unfortunately, I set up just wrong. Saw the live feed so knew took off, then looking where clears trees on horizon, so there is some delay. Didn't see after a few seconds, leaned to the left and came up along that tree to the right. Took two steps over. If had caught earlier, would have seen the fire exhaust. Can't see the booster landings from where I am, but with the booster landing want to view - particularly a night launch - from the 5 mile viewing point along US1 and the shores of the intercoastal waterway. From there can actually see the launch towers, and obviously the re-landing pads.

I would imagine that close would be a good view.  When I was in Orlando on a contract job we used to watch day launches from the huge windows in Litton's cafe.  Several times I got up in the middle of the night to watch night launches from the Residence Inn.  The best view point there was across the street in the parking lot of a motel where I had an unobstructed view over I-4.  I wish I'd had a day when I could have gotten closer.

Do they close off the road to the National Sea Shore that passes north of Pad39?