July 5 miles and activities

smudge

34.4  miles at 14.3 avg.

I know I was headed into the wind at the beginning of the ride, but I figured having the wind at my back and side would have bumped that avg up a little. Dammers. I use map my ride, and the route takes me across three "courses."  I didn't do great on them, but i'm content with what I did. Respectable. Speed/times are just behind a couple guys' times. Ya, that's cool!

• Heart 2

On Saturday, in between riding days, I rode with my daughter to the park.  She just turned 11, she's a hair under 5 feet and has outgrown her 20" bike so she's been riding my wife's Gary Fisher around our street.  But I hadn't shown her how to shift it until Saturday, and she picked it up right away.  We rode around our hilly neighborhood a little and she easily cleared a couple hills I wasn't sure she'd be able to manage.  It was awesome to see. :D 

Now we need to get my son riding his bike - he's about to turn 8 and still has training wheels attached.  He doesn't practice enough, because (inexplicably) he prefers riding his scooter.

• Heart 1