Starting the '67 Alfa Spider Project for the first time.

While I was growing up in the 60s/70s there were dozens of roadsters in our area. Alfas, Triumphs, MGBs. But the only time we saw them was when the garage doors and their bonnets (hoods) were open and getting tinkered with. So when I showed interest in buying one, everyone tried talking me out of it. So naturally, never one to follow the crowd, I HAD to buy the 1971 MGB that a neighbor had buried in the back of his garage. We got it running, painted it red and my love for roadsters began.  An old friend recently sent me this old picture of it on the facebook. Its a really poor picture of a picture taken circa 1978/79. Probably right after I got it on the road, because its still missing the passenger side mirror and I hadn't repainted the wheels yet. My friends all ribbed me about it and called it the M-ba G-ba B-ba, but I wish I had a dollar for every time the cute young wemens asked me to take them for a topless ride in it.  :D

mgb (2).png

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, team scooter said:

While I was growing up in the 60s/70s there were dozens of roadsters in our area. Alfas, Triumphs, MGBs. But the only time we saw them was when the garage doors and their bonnets (hoods) were open and getting tinkered with. So when I showed interest in buying one, everyone tried talking me out of it. So naturally, never one to follow the crowd, I HAD to buy the 1971 MGB that a neighbor had buried in the back of his garage. We got it running, painted it red and my love for roadsters began.  An old friend recently sent me this old picture of it on the facebook. Its a really poor picture of a picture taken circa 1978/79. Probably right after I got it on the road, because its still missing the passenger side mirror and I hadn't repainted the wheels yet. My friends all ribbed me about it and called it the M-ba G-ba B-ba, but I wish I had a dollar for every time the cute young wemens asked me to take them for a topless ride in it.  :D

mgb (2).png

Nice.  
I love MGs. My brother had a string of them.

• Heart 1