Reports from the road

Airehead

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

That has worked superbly for my mother, with the only local dealer being Toyota.  She is quite happy with them, and they love seeing her 2002 or so Corolla with like 30,000 miles and still in mint condition. :D But of course she is an old lady anyhoo, so Toyota would be a good choice for her regardless of dealer location.  It is very inconvenient for me that the Honda dealers are all a half hour away.  So Faarstone has become my default oil change and minor service location.

After three or four minor repairs at a dealership where I was raped on the price I completely avoid dealerships except for recalls which they are not allowed to charge for. They sometimes still try. Airbag recall, Mr.Fleet, your cabin air filter looks like it has never been changed. Would you like us to take care of that today. No.

7 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

IMO for some things like navigation it's nice if it's up high where I don't have to take my eyes off the road.  I run waze on the phone and it's mounted up slightly above the lip of the dash, just low enough that no road above the hood line is blocked. (CT law)  I can see it at all times out of the corner of my eyes.

That's fine, but make it look like it belongs there.  I can Velcro a tablet to the dash, and it would look the same :facepalm: