Happy Friday night....

Zephyr

While I enjoy the awesomeness of island living.

Been away all week and finished with a meeting this morning on the mainland.  Got to the ferry over an hour ahead of time for my crossing then this happened 

Screenshot_20221209_171816.thumb.jpg.287593b4e082901f089a94c23783ae4b.jpg

So two sailings have been canceled and with the wind predicting to keep up for the next few hours, I may not get home till tomorrow.  So close....., my ferry is just behind that post, lol

IMG-20221209-WA0003.jpeg

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

While I enjoy the awesomeness of island living.

Been away all week and finished with a meeting this morning on the mainland.  Got to the ferry over an hour ahead of time for my crossing then this happened 

Screenshot_20221209_171816.thumb.jpg.287593b4e082901f089a94c23783ae4b.jpg

So two sailings have been canceled and with the wind predicting to keep up for the next few hours, I may not get home till tomorrow.  So close....., my ferry is just behind that post, lol

IMG-20221209-WA0003.jpeg

So when stuff happens like this..it's back to hotel??

27 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

So when stuff happens like this..it's back to hotel??

Yup.  It happens now and then, but not too often.  There may be a chance later this evening to cross..., they haven't canceled everything, they are just doing periodic checks on the weather.

56 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Yup.  It happens now and then, but not too often.  There may be a chance later this evening to cross..., they haven't canceled everything, they are just doing periodic checks on the weather.

A good friend must use ferry nearly every weekend to spend 2-3 days with her aging mom in Victoria. She lives in Cowichan Bay.  

She's been doing this with regularity for past few years.  However now her mother is 96 yrs....and time grow in preciousness.