Websites - odd that the desktop version is less functional than the mobile version.

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by maddmaxx,

There is a weird difference in function sometimes. For example my county liberry mobile site is great, because it tells me how many times a book has been renewed and therefore if it is eligible for another renewal. OTOH, the desktop website lacks this info and will only give you that renewal eligibility info when you go to renew. Actually that is just a little worse, because the only real problem is I like to wait until the last day so as not to renew early.

But the reality of it is this discrepancy herds me to my telephone to renew rather than to the website. But wait! This rumination led me to poke around in the desktop version, and I found a screen on desktop that has all the info that mobile has.

Never mind!  :D  And thanks for solving this for me!

• Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It drives me crazy when I visit a website to do something and am forced to install their app to try and accomplish a complicated task on a 1" x 2" screen.

I used to see a lot of upper left buttons to switch between desktop and mobile, but that seems way less common now. This site does an awesome job  on each. :)

Wikipedia for one has no option to switch to desktop on the mobile version like it had a year or so ago. That was sort of useless anyway.  

• Heart 1