Tonight was an exciting night.

Indy

At least 9 police cars after caught some kids making bottle bombs, didn't expect that kind of a response.

But on the plus side, now I am taking abuse on the neighborhood facebook page because since I didn't have my cell phone, or the polices non-emergency number, I went to a cop's house (who I've met several times) to ask for help.  His wife told me he wasn't home and "He doesn't like to get involved in neighborhood issues".  Nice attitude, I guess some people don't care about having a safe place to raise their kids.  Of course she has tried to back track from that statement some, but I'm taking abuse for bugging a police officer.  One who told me in the past that, that is exactly why they have take home cars.

My old apartment was raided by SWAT twice in the 6 years I lived there. The first time involved more than 20 cop cats of some sort, the second was only about a dozen. Generally speaking though, most of the interactions I have had with the police have been positive. But there are always one or two that are not as helpful.

PS, I enjoy NOT being in an apartment anymore.

My old apartment was raided by SWAT twice in the 6 years I lived there. The first time involved more than 20 cop cats of some sort, the second was only about a dozen. Generally speaking though, most of the interactions I have had with the police have been positive. But there are always one or two that are not as helpful.

PS, I enjoy NOT being in an apartment anymore.

This was his wife as he wasn't home.  If she would have stopped at, he isn't home, that would've been fine.

But the way people reacted on the neighborhood page, you would've thought I made a death threat against him or something.  Maybe it's better to look the other way like the cops wife wants to.  I got feed up and left the neighborhood group, but now I understand why we have issues with kids and why they are so mouthy when you do catch them doing something wrong.  I am ready to put the house up for sale and move.

While I can certainly see his point, that is just a crappy thing to do/say.  If he spends all day at his job doing that kind of crap the last thing that he wants to do is deal with more people's crap when he gets home.  I get it.  But everyone has to work together to make your place a fun, enjoyable place to live. 

People ask me medical stuff all of the time.  Sure, it gets old and I hate to talk about that crap away from work but sometimes I just do it to be nice.  But I certainly try to change the subject as soon as I get a chance.

So you are one of those mean guys in the neighborhood that don't want to let kids have fun.  Bottle bombs are fun.

In the right place, yes, but against a walking trail and behind the fence of autistic kid?  Yes, that sounds like a great place to set off bombs and have bottles of acid laying around.  There was probably about 20 bottles laying on the ground that didn't go off.

Growing up, all my friends that lived in town always had a rule, never cause trouble in their own neighborhood, that even meant turning down the radio.  The attitude of kids today amaze me, they just don't care if they get caught doing something wrong and get down right belligerent when they do.