Vulgar and offensive thread titles

Caretaker

To be specific.

If there's a thread I don't care for I just don't click on it but when it's a thread title and especially when it's 'pinned' I don't have a choice. Isn't this being 'disrespectful' to me?

I suggest that where a thread title is deemed to be offensive to the average person that the moderator exercise the option of amending the thread title so that it meets generally acceptable standards.

• Heart 2

We, as a group, made the decision when we first started this site that language, or more specifically, words, would not be moderated.  Early on we have word replacement filters in place, but we decided against them.  There are no prohibited words on this site.

The downside to this, some people may be offended.

I have unpinned that topic and it will fade away on its own.

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

We, as a group, made the decision when we first started this site that language, or more specifically, words, would not be moderated.  Early on we have word replacement filters in place, but we decided against them.  There are no prohibited words on this site.

The downside to this, some people may be offended.

I have unpinned that topic and it will fade away on its own.

If that's your position then fine. My concern is limited only to thread titles but I've made my feelings known and that's enough for me.

This brings up a really good point and I'm outraged by the lack of offensive threads on the forum.  We need more threads that offend the precious snowflakes so that if they stick around there is hope that one day they will become people tolerant enough that you can stand to be around them.  :D

I'm younger that most all of you guys, but I did cringe at that particular one (and I admit, I'm no angel inside of threads).  Exactly what happened, I thought of Airhead.  For some reason she seems like a lady that wouldn't appreciate that title but would probably not say anything.  

OTOH, I prefer SW's stated position above, all things considered.

15 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

I'm younger that most all of you guys, but I did cringe at that particular one (and I admit, I'm no angel inside of threads).  Exactly what happened, I thought of Airhead.  For some reason she seems like a lady that wouldn't appreciate that title but would probably not say anything.  

OTOH, I prefer SW's stated position above, all things considered.

SW's position depends on adults taking care of themselves.  Thread titles are open to the outside world.