A look inside the King of Texas' palace

jsharr

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

.....and is now just a trim level on Ford pickups.

Kind of like Eddie Bauer and Harley Davidson. ?

Yep, When Robert Kleberg Jr. passed away, the ranch changed, for the worse and now is a mere shadow of what it once was.

My father and his "posse" once had an interfacing with a Kineño (one of the Mexican cowboys that worked the ranch) line rider.  They were having a pig roast on land next to the King Ranch. Dad said he was the baddest looking man he ever saw.  Chaps, belts of bullets over his sholders, six shooter on his hip, rifle on his saddle.  Never said a word but the guys knew it was time to end their cookout and leave.

Thanks for sharing.  My wife will enjoy this articles when she returns from Alaska.  Her mom was from Kingsville, and we've been on the ranch for bird watching, the bull sale, and other tours.  My wife knew the vet many years before his passing, so we got to see a lot of the place.  Now she is friends with a fellow that leads bird watching tours on the ranch, so she goes there annually.  That same fellow is also active in putting on a short cycling tour (A Ride on the Wild Side in Kingsville, TX. Saturday, April 29, 2017 ) in the area each spring. They have asked me to come down for the ride, but so far I've not made it, maybe someday.

• Heart 1