Vacations... do you vacate from the foods too or indulge?

Dottleshead

I, a type II diabetic, been doing fairly well with eating on a vacation that ends tomorrow but I haven't been too careful.  We cooked-in all week and I didn't eat real healthy, but my night to cook was baked chicken thighs and legs with Weber Original Dry Rub, Mac & Cheese (from 9 Walmart brand 7.25 oz. boxes) and canned green beans.

The last two nights we ate at restaurants and tonight I had "Seafood Saute" with shrimp, scallops, crab and pasta in a buttery sauce.  I also had two Miller Lite beers.  90 minutes after the meal - the time when glucose maxes - my glucose was 169 which is good and typical post-meal for the week, though today I burned a ton of calories with two hours of whitewater rafting and LOTS of frantic paddling then doing a lot of walking at the Wisp amusement park, riding the Mountain Coaster multiple times, waiting in lines, watching my nephews do archery, etc., so maybe my cells were begging for sugar.

• Heart 1

One good thing about my allergy to alcohol, I can't drink much wine/beer.  It is a mixed blessing because as a result I can't savour a beautiful wine glass in full for long at all. Actually to present a full wine bottle for my birthday is not the best idea.  A baby sized bottle is better.