Stormchaser

dinneR

Single speed.

"Stormchaser is a single speed gravel bike designed to excel in the worst weather conditions nature can produce. We started with a lightweight aluminum frame and carbon fork that borrow from Warbird’s stable geometry and added Class 5™ VRS to soak up micro-impacts. Then we equipped it for wet-weather rides, with abrasion plates on the fork, plus internal cable routing and fender mounts to protect you and your gear from the elements to prevent wear from mud-caked tires and extra tire clearance to keep you rolling in all conditions,. The all-new Alternator Flat Mount dropouts allow for single speed setups, or 1x drivetrains with a geared dropout plate. Extra-wide Cowchipper handlebars ensure added leverage when the going gets sloppy. When the ride must go on, ride Stormchaser."

Whatever happened to the Class 4  Vibration Reduction System? :lol:

Single speeds are so simple and fun. My Fargo is a mess after a winter of commuting. I miss the ones I sold. 

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep. Pretty bike, but not something I'd buy.  I need gears :)

You live in flat country, how often do you actually need to shift?

2 hours ago, dennis said:

Single speeds are so simple and fun. My Fargo is a mess after a winter of commuting. I miss the ones I sold. 

You live in flat country, how often do you actually need to shift?

I think, if I remember from the Garmin, usually just over 200 times in 30 miles.  An old post here where I wrote about it.

I actually shift less in the hilliest areas - a quick click-click-click down to the easy gears and I'm there for the next hour maybe using four gears :)  It's the rolling terrain that I try to flatten out with regular shifting.

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

That is sweet.  Not something I need out here but cool nonetheless.  What is it going for?  AL frame & no gears so thinking $1,500 or there abouts?

$1500 complete, $1000 frameset. 

I don't need one either, but I'm sure I would enjoy it. A SS would be a great winter commuter. It's amazing how much my mtb skills improved riding a SS hardtail. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, dennis said:

$1500 complete, $1000 frameset. 

I don't need one either, but I'm sure I would enjoy it. A SS would be a great winter commuter. It's amazing how much my mtb skills improved riding a SS hardtail. 

Oh, I would enjoy it too, and it would be a great commuter for me. However, I'm in the try to make new bikes fit a couple rolls situation these days.  My road bike is "specific" enough at its job that I want my next commuter to be flexible enough to do some gravel and light touring as well.  My current commuter fits that role, but not particularly well at any of them except DURABLE and paid for long ago.

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Oh, I would enjoy it too, and it would be a great commuter for me. However, I'm in the try to make new bikes fit a couple rolls situation these days.  My road bike is "specific" enough at its job that I want my next commuter to be flexible enough to do some gravel and light touring as well.  My current commuter fits that role, but not particularly well at any of them except DURABLE and paid for long ago.

Good idea. I like bikes that do more than one thing. My Fargo is my bikepacking, gravel, and commuter ride. I take it on singletrack from time to time.

Last year I was mt biking on it and some guy said, "Wow, you're on a road bike?" I replied, "not really, my tires are bigger than yours."

Warbird with ultegra DI2 for you @Razors Edge

2019 Warbird Carbon Ultegra Di2 700

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, dennis said:

Good idea. I like bikes that do more than one thing. My Fargo is my bikepacking, gravel, and commuter ride. I take it on singletrack from time to time.

Last year I was mt biking on it and some guy said, "Wow, you're on a road bike?" I replied, "not really, my tires are bigger than yours."

Warbird with ultegra DI2 for you @Razors Edge

2019 Warbird Carbon Ultegra Di2 700

I’m really digging my cross bike.  I put the Maxxis Re-Fuse 32 tires on it and it rolls super nice on pavement and does well on our hard pack/loose over hard trails too.  

Last week I took it on a fun gravel ride with some friends, yesterday my wife & I cruised the pavement.  I said it before but I may not ride my Bianchi for a very looong time.