On paper Miles and Clowney on the same team look like trouble

Dottleshead

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Hahaha.

image.png

Keshawn Johnson is on local sports talk and he is always busting on McVay as he was an assistant receivers coach in Tampa when Keshawn was there.  He’d say man, get me some water & fix your hair while your at it!  Freaking hilarious. McVay rolls with it too. He actually has a future in broadcasting when the coaching thing ends.

14 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Keshawn Johnson is on local sports talk and he is always busting on McVay as he was an assistant receivers coach in Tampa when Keshawn was there.  He’d say man, get me some water & fix your hair while your at it!  Freaking hilarious. McVay rolls with it too. He actually has a future in broadcasting when the coaching thing ends.

For the longest time I did not like Keyshawn. Sometimes I question if that hasn't changed.  But unlike Deon... the guy actually makes sense.

• Heart 1

• 6 months later...

So, how do you feel your team did based on only the regular season?

The Browns underachieved.  I don't see Clowney as being worth the money, but he is better than I thought he would be.  Is he worth $7.5M a year?  Maybe that is the highest I would go if I were the GM.  I would take another in the draft, but pick a receiver in the first round that can stretch the field a bit more.

I am shocked the Chargers aren't in the playoffs, and I figured the Dolphins would be there, too.  I am surprised the Steelers made the cut, but I don't suppose they have the ability to do much in the postseason.

Thanks for the dredge. 

So the Rams with Stafford got 2 additional wins and one more loss finishing 12-5 this year, 10-6 last year.. Stafford started the year as an MVP candidate but then started throwing numerous picks. But then Stafford overcame his mistakes with good 4th quarters where Goff couldn’t.

I think the difference is Stafford’s picks have been by forcing the ball in tight windows where as Goff would just get flustered and literally throw the ball to the first person he saw which was sometimes a defender.  Last year he bounced a couple of passes off an OL ass under pressure…Stafford also doesn’t fumble when flushed  

Hey @Dottles how did Gerald Everett and your OC from the Rams pan out?  

• Heart 1

Hey @Randomguy here are some stats. Basically the same offense with different  QB running it:

Goff in 2020: 3,952 yards, 20 TD’s, 13 picks 90 passer rating.

Stafford 2021: 4,886 yards, 41 TD’s, 17 picks 102.9 passer rating. 

I get that Stafford had one more game but he had 2X the number of TD’s to 4 more picks & a much higher passer rating. Not sure if that’s worth 2 1st round picks but it is an improvement. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Thanks for the dredge. 

So the Rams with Stafford got 2 additional wins and one more loss finishing 12-5 this year, 10-6 last year.. Stafford started the year as an MVP candidate but then started throwing numerous picks. But then Stafford overcame his mistakes with good 4th quarters where Goff couldn’t.

I think the difference is Stafford’s picks have been by forcing the ball in tight windows where as Goff would just get flustered and literally throw the ball to the first person he saw which was sometimes a defender.  Last year he bounced a couple of passes off an OL ass under pressure…Stafford also doesn’t fumble when flushed  

Hey @Dottles how did Gerald Everett and your OC from the Rams pan out?  

Shane gets one more year IMO because this year was pretty bad.  But then we didn't have a running game for most of it and that makes it hard to be an OC.  But his noose is getting tighter. If he left this offseason I would not be heart broken.  As far as Everett is concerned -- that guy is bad arse -- except one game he wasn't and he perhaps single handedly gave us a loss but committing two fumbles in the red zone.  One on the two yard line.  If I recall correctly, they were first downs too and we ended up losing by 3 points or something.  So he was good for a single loss but otherwise, I was impressed with him.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Interceptions happen in a pass happy league.  But a guy who doesn't do dumb things and turn the ball over -- particularly in critical situations -- is worth his gold.  Russell Wilson made himself a name in this league in part because he didn't do dumb things under pressure or when the game has been on the line.  There's smart football and wanting-to-make-a-play football. Goff seemed more the latter.

• Heart 1

On 6/24/2021 at 9:48 AM, Dottles said:

Seattle is going to be a threat offensively.  Their defense is questionable. In other words, I see a playoff spot but not much more.

What a bunch of crap.  I need to stop taking those dreamer pills.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, Dottles said:

The biggest change is their offensive coordinator -- a guy that came out of your organization.  We also picked up tight end Everett from you guys.  And they have some good guys that were injured coming back.  I guess everyone can say that.  And Jamaal Adams will have been with the team now a full year. We picked up a couple defensive lineman that should help us.  But we also lost starters on a questionable defense to begin with and nobody but their backups to replace them.  I suppose in Schneider and Carroll I trust but our defense sort of sucked last year and I see it slightly worse this year.  Particularly at corner.  Our safeties are top notch though but in this league, you live and die on QB pressure and corner play -- of which both areas I see as their weakness.  Stafford, for example, could light 'em up.

Whatever.

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

Shane gets one more year IMO because this year was pretty bad.  But then we didn't have a running game for most of it and that makes it hard to be an OC.  But his noose is getting tighter. If he left this offseason I would not be heart broken.  As far as Everett is concerned -- that guy is bad arse -- except one game he wasn't and he perhaps single handedly gave us a loss but committing two fumbles in the red zone.  One on the two yard line.  If I recall correctly, they were first downs too and we ended up losing by 3 points or something.  So he was good for a single loss but otherwise, I was impressed with him.  

Glad to see he’s getting an opportunity. The Rams clearly put their money behind Higbee so let Everett go in FA. 

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Glad to see he’s getting an opportunity. The Rams clearly put their money behind Higbee so let Everett go in FA. 

He seems to be making the most of it.  He'll be around -- barring more fumbles in the red zone.  Not sure I know who Higbee is.  Good I take it?  Where'd he come out of?

7 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Hey @Randomguy here are some stats. Basically the same offense with different  QB running it:

Goff in 2020: 3,952 yards, 20 TD’s, 13 picks 90 passer rating.

Stafford 2021: 4,886 yards, 41 TD’s, 17 picks 102.9 passer rating. 

I get that Stafford had one more game but he had 2X the number of TD’s to 4 more picks & a much higher passer rating. Not sure if that’s worth 2 1st round picks but it is an improvement. 

Stafford just seems more mature.  Goff seems like he's still kind of green. If he's like wine though -- he could be really good.

9 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I am surprised the Steelers made the cut, but I don't suppose they have the ability to do much in the postseason.

The view from my kitchen window is that Tennessee has a tougher opponent this week than the Chiefs do. 

While the Steelers beat the Titans and Bills this year, they have no chance at Arrowhead, and were embarrassed there recently. 

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

He seems to be making the most of it.  He'll be around -- barring more fumbles in the red zone.  Not sure I know who Higbee is.  Good I take it?  Where'd he come out of?

He was a low draft pick, dunno really where he came from but is a prime example of what the Rams do exceptionally well. Find talent down in the draft & develop them into solid players.  Their stars get all of the attention but their roster is packed with 3-5 round guys who spent a few years as somebody’s understudy.

Edit- 4th round pick Western Kentucky

6 hours ago, ChrisL said:

He was a low draft pick, dunno really where he came from but is a prime example of what the Rams do exceptionally well. Find talent down in the draft & develop them into solid players.  Their stars get all of the attention but their roster is packed with 3-5 round guys who spent a few years as somebody’s understudy.

Edit- 4th round pick Western Kentucky

Seattle was is really good at that too… except they have misfired on a couple drafts. Bottom line is don’t read articles about draft prospectus. 

13 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

The view from my kitchen window is that Tennessee has a tougher opponent this week than the Chiefs do. 

While the Steelers beat the Titans and Bills this year, they have no chance at Arrowhead, and were embarrassed there recently. 

Well the upside is your team is playing.