My Jeep

Parsnip Totin Jack

Once upon a time I had a Jeep, an 86 CJ7.  Last of the AMC versions.  On Saturday, I went with my son to the Dayton off-road show and saw a CJ7 much like mine.  The license plate tells it all:

On the way home we stopped at Warped Wing brewing and filled a growler with their Rye IPA.

• Heart 2

I had an 81 CJ7 that I loved.  It had the 2.5 inline 4 cylinder.  31 X 11.5 taars.  Blue, Laredo.  Loved that thing.  Drove it the whole time I was stationed in Pensacola and then brough it to Indiana and put in my Dad's barn while I was in Okinawa.  When I came back.it needed a lot of work to safely be on the road again.  Dad talked me into selling it and I have regretted it every since then. 

I recently bought a 79 CJ5 to restore but I didn't like the 5 compared to the 7 and sold it. 

One day I'd like to have a 7 or even an 8.

• Heart 1

Wonder which motor?  Most common by far was the 258 inline 6.  They had a 304 V8 as well and a 151 4 cylinder.  And there was a V6, 231??  Not sure but there were tons of options.  Most commonly these days you see a swapped in Chevy 350. 

Doesn't really matter.  Out of my price range at the moment.