Mini Sprint

maddmaxx

The assembly is complete.  The paint is complete.  Now I have to find some colorful graphics in my collection.  Some of the body screws may have to come out while the graphics are being put on.  I have the usual yellow 6's arriving Thursday as the ones I already have are too large.  Here's the little thing along with a comparison shot with the Open Oval car.

IMG_0841.thumb.JPG.356a6aecff363b8c3889e41d76865c32.JPG

• Heart 4

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Where will you race it?

RC Madness Enfield CT.  The Open oval car is for outdoor asphalt racing and the mini is for both that and indoor carpet oval racing.  The mini was built in expectation that we can create a class for racing these.  Lots of people run the mini's on the indoor motocross style track.  The mini, complete, cost less than the chassis of the Open car.

• Heart 1

Just now, jsharr said:

what battery, motor, servo, esc? 

Spektrum 6000kv motor with built in esc.  Protek 1100 mah 50c battery.  Eco $15 micro servo.  Spektrum 2 channel receiver.  Hot Racing shocks front and rear.  Hack Fab cage and body on a Losi Mini-B roller kit.

New transmission parts will be installed to make the trans operate racer right.  Hack Fab sprint car tires, compound to match surface.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Spektrum 6000kv motor with built in esc.  Protek 1100 mah 50c battery.  Eco $15 micro servo.  Spektrum 2 channel receiver.  Hot Racing shocks front and rear.  Hack Fab cage and body on a Losi Mini-B roller kit.

New transmission parts will be installed to make the trans operate racer right.  Hack Fab sprint car tires, compound to match surface.

Does it have reverse and braking?  

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Does it have reverse and braking?  

Yes, and with my radio a lot more.  I can adjust how hard power comes on with full throttle.  I can adjust how hard the brakes come on.  We are not allowed to have the reverse function enabled when racing.........which in a way is good because I get the full range of the throttle trigger instead of just half.  That helps fine control midrange.  I still get all the features I used to tame the drag cars.  The car weight is in the 750 gram range and it's damn fast for it's size.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes, and with my radio a lot more.  I can adjust how hard power comes on with full throttle.  I can adjust how hard the brakes come on.  We are not allowed to have the reverse function enabled when racing.........which in a way is good because I get the full range of the throttle trigger instead of just half.  That helps fine control midrange.  I still get all the features I used to tame the drag cars.  The car weight is in the 750 gram range and it's damn fast for it's size.

What is run time on a battery and is heat a concern?   And is the body hinged to the front of the chassis?  

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

What is run time on a battery and is heat a concern?   And is the body hinged to the front of the chassis?  

I'm not sure yet how long the run time is but folks with smaller batteries race in 5 min heats without problems.  Heat is a function of gearing.  How fast do you want to go.  Yes, the body flips up on hinges at the front.  There is only one pin and post at the rear of the cage.