Delete Post Button

Square Wheels

The option for users to delete posts has been turned off.  This could wreak havoc with readability if people starting deleting posts.

It seems to have worked okay on that other forum for many years.  Effectively, I can still delete my post reply here by simply editing out everything and inserting the word "deleted".  On the BFs, original posts can be deleted so long as no one has replied to them.  Any reply can be deleted.  Well, that's the way it used to work anyway.  I haven't been back there since the reformation. 

• Heart 1

AFAIK, having a delete button never caused any problems at other forums I have participated in.  Never had the need for using it personally but have seen done....and little, if any, confusion because of it.

For now I want to leave it as is.  You can always ask for a post to be deleted or there is no time limit on editing.

I run another site where I was subpoenaed to produce all records of all posts for all time.  They would not have been happy if posts had been deleted.  For that same site I was also contacted by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and they demanded I remove posts.  We compromised by me moving them to a locked section.