Help me understand something.

KrAzY

I just got back from a Dr visit with myou son. He suffers from anxiety and ADHD.

The Dr told me she will not be prescribing his anxiety meds anymore due to her not wanting to have an issue with neurological problems later in life. She is willing to prescribe his ADHD medicine it would like me to see a psychologist about prescribing him the anxiety medicine.

Stop me if I'm wrong here, but having two different doctors prescribbing him the same meds he is on could be done with more wasted time and money then having only one Dr prescribe the meds.

WhoTheF decided this was not the same thing as she is doing right now? Why should I drive all over every couple months for no damn reason except fore her to do one damn job.

Needless to say, I ha e to make a separate appointment with her depending on what meds he needs. Yup.. today was for anxiety and in a few days for his ADHD meds. Why can she not talk about both in the same visit?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it reads like she will prescribe the ADHD meds, buts wants you to see a psychologist for the anxiety medicine.  However, then you state she prescribed the anxiety meds today.  I am a bit confused.  Will you be dealing with two doctors or one wearing different hats?  I think you can blame the current 'sue happy' environment for folks being more cautious than normal.  We even see some of this in our small town.

43 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it reads like she will prescribe the ADHD meds, buts wants you to see a psychologist for the anxiety medicine.  However, then you state she prescribed the anxiety meds today.  I am a bit confused.  Will you be dealing with two doctors or one wearing different hats?  I think you can blame the current 'sue happy' environment for folks being more cautious than normal.  We even see some of this in our small town.

Up until today she prescribed both, but now after 5 months only wants to prescribe one type, and I will now have to see a new Dr (and wait 3 months to get into seeing them) to have the second one prescribed