Minnesota explained by the fine folks at Surly

dinneR

Incredibly accurate.

http://surlybrewing.com/news/welcome-minnesota-primer/

Be ready to experience first-class passive aggression. If someone says your old school Ron Jaworski Eagles jersey is “interesting,” they are not a fan. If someone says, “I’m not mad,” they are, in fact, mad. If you get to a 4-way stop at roughly the same time as another driver(s), your best bet is to just abandon the car, get out, and walk to your destination, as who gets to go first will never be resolved by conventional means.

Use of the word interesting took me a while to understand. And the 4-way stop situation is the great MN standoff.

And if you're ever close enough to find some, pick up a Surly Axeman or really fortunate grab a Pentagram.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

I can't get over the Minnesota reaction to the Eagles fans.  Sure, Eagles fans are rougher than most, but most all of the reports of violence have turned out to be unsubstantiated.  So a few over the top incidents that even Eagles fans don't support - happens in most stadiums, there are idiots everywhere - but mostly just name calling, verbal abuse.  Followed by 2 weeks of the worst whining I've ever seen by a fan base.  Get over it, already, it's unbecoming.  The Eagles took the Vikings hearts on the field, but the Vikings fans are just handing their dignity over to Eagles fans.  Grow a pair!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, 12string said:

I can't get over the Minnesota reaction to the Eagles fans.  Sure, Eagles fans are rougher than most, but most all of the reports of violence have turned out to be unsubstantiated.  So a few over the top incidents that even Eagles fans don't support - happens in most stadiums, there are idiots everywhere - but mostly just name calling, verbal abuse.  Followed by 2 weeks of the worst whining I've ever seen by a fan base.  Get over it, already, it's unbecoming.  The Eagles took the Vikings hearts on the field, but the Vikings fans are just handing their dignity over to Eagles fans.  Grow a pair!

I thought that the story of Min locals applying to be Uber drivers strictly just to drop Eagles fans in wrong places was absolutely hilarious. 

3 hours ago, 12string said:

That's interesting.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

I thought that the story of Min locals applying to be Uber drivers strictly just to drop Eagles fans in wrong places was absolutely hilarious. 

They aren't counting on the repercussions.  Or the fact that Eagles fans are also much smarter than they are portrayed.

Philly attytood really is one of taking care of each other - until you try to screw us.  Then watch out.

14 minutes ago, 12string said:

They aren't counting on the repercussions.  Or the fact that Eagles fans are also much smarter than they are portrayed.

Philly attytood really is one of taking care of each other - until you try to screw us.  Then watch out.

That's interesting. 

Do you actually believe it's true? Because it's on facebook? Must be.

Did you read the link I posted from Surly? Surly is a brewery. They make beer. The name kind of says it all. They are surly. It's mostly a list of funny self-deprecating humor about MN. I think there was just a single reference to the Patriots and one to the Eagles. It's just a funny list of random things about MN. 

Here are a few items from the list. But seriously, it's a 2 minute read, 3 if you are from Philly.

Please enjoy US Bank Stadium. We built it on top of our old stadium. It would deflate when it snowed. It snowed a lot.

Please enjoy the Mall of America. We built it on top of our other old stadium. That team went to a lot of Super Bowls! Don’t ask us any questions beyond this!

Hotdish, not casserole. Casserole can go jump in a dang lake.

You call them parking garages. We call them parking ramps. Honestly not married to this one, so if you want us to start calling them garages, we’ll work with you.

You call it soda. We call it pop. We don’t get it either that one’s not changing.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, 12string said:

I have one happiness...we had a suitemate in college who was just a self-centered ass. Cared about nobody but himself. Rude, still managed to be popular with a certain crowd of friends (probably because he made the JV basketball team his frosh year), etc. before heading back to Minnesota on transfer and saying his experience sucked, and he didn't like it here.

That guy was from Minnesota.  And was a rabid Vikings fan.  And every time they lose, I get a tiny little satisfaction knowing he dies just a little inside. Yes, it's petty, and I just. don't. care.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Honey Badger said:

I have one happiness...we had a suitemate in college who was just a self-centered ass. Cared about nobody but himself. Rude, still managed to be popular with a certain crowd of friends (probably because he made the JV basketball team his frosh year), etc. before heading back to Minnesota on transfer and saying his experience sucked, and he didn't like it here.

That guy was from Minnesota.  And was a rabid Vikings fan.  And every time they lose, I get a tiny little satisfaction knowing he dies just a little inside. Yes, it's petty, and I just. don't. care.

That's interesting.