Angiogram in 12 hours

Dottleshead

Now what's good about all of this is that you had the stents fitted before your heart became damaged and that's a huge thing. You could have damaged your heart following a cardiac event and had to live with the consequences of this. I have to say that I'm amazed that you've done the sensible thing....you know...given that you are an idiot and all, and I'm sure that all your friends say the same thing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, onbike1939 said:

Now what's good about all of this is that you had the stents fitted before your heart became damaged and that's a huge thing. You could have damaged your heart following a cardiac event and had to live with the consequences of this. I have to say that I'm amazed that you've done the sensible thing....you know...given that you are an idiot and all, and I'm sure that all your friends say the same thing.

Now it's completely unfair to categorize poor Dots like this.  I've been assured that he's finally in possession of common stents now.  Oh yes.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

I have to say that I'm amazed that you've done the sensible thing....you know...given that you are an idiot and all, and I'm sure that all your friends say the same thing.

I dunno.  I'm still pretty dumb.  It's a good thing my wife worked in the medical industry.  But I do believe I am the owner of common stents. You can't take that away from me.

47 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

How many stents and how do you feel?  

They stented a main artery twice and another offshoot of that artery for a total of 3.  Some other arteries had 10-20% blockage which is pretty normal. I felt like almost as soon as i walked out of there, my intake had improved.  I was able to get a full breath withour feeling deprived. As for the procedure, it's amazing.  It's like a colonoscopy in the sense they sedate you and wake when needed.  I walked into that hospital at 5:30 a.m. and left at 2:00 p.m. and went for coffee.  Apparently I have 3 stents in my heart but I'd never know.  They showed my my heart and I was able to see my large arteries -- which they called out -- which made me feel good.  What I do know is that removed feeling of being tired and light headedness couldn't be enjoyed for very long because the immediate day after (yesterday) I now have a cocktail of drugs that I must take that make me feel tired and light headed.  Bloody hell!

The good news is I can live a full and complete life span as long as I take care of them (the stents) -- which means I take these drugs every day, I eat well, I continue to lose weight, and I get my exercise.  I think @onbike1939 nailed it when he said "Now what's good about all of this is that you had the stents fitted before your heart became damaged and that's a huge thing. You could have damaged your heart following a cardiac event and had to live with the consequences of this."

Damn straight.

• Heart 3