peppersanity

12string

9 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

The only ones that grew well for me this year were the ghosts.  I had way too many of those suckers!

I bought some ghost pepper cheese over at the cheese plant about five miles from my house. I was a bit apprehensive because ghost peppers are supposed to be hotter than habanero. It was awesome. They had just the right amount of zing for someone who likes hot.

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

The only ones that grew well for me this year were the ghosts.  I had way too many of those suckers!

Ja Ralph, I can imagine just one of those suckers or maximum two, would provide an average familiy’s scoville daily recommendations for a whole year ? they are not, no sir.

4 hours ago, 12string said:

Wife wanted stuffed peppers for dinner.  I figured I could find a few left in the garden, we've had a couple frosts, I should just pick everything

Came back in with almost a bushel of peppers.  Bell, Anaheim chili, Corno di Toro, banana, serranno.  Still had some cherrys,  long hots and Habaneros in the fridge.  Made a bunch of trays of stuffed bell peppers, I scrounged in the fridge to find some leftover smoked italian deli meats, asiago, and Feta, added onions garlic and herbs and stuffed some Anaheims and cherrys.  Had a great dinner, we've got another half dozen dinners in the freezer, wife is picking up more sausage and beef tonight to make more

nice late October surprise

I love you, man 

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I bought some ghost pepper cheese over at the cheese plant about five miles from my house. I was a bit apprehensive because ghost peppers are supposed to be hotter than habanero. It was awesome. They had just the right amount of zing for someone who likes hot.

Nice!  The regular commercial pepper jack cheese with jalapenos is usually not bad either.

A supreme disappointment was the Wendy's Ghost Pepper Fries.  Couldn't even taste any pepper in them!  They were mostly covered in cheese. :scratchhead:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/77773-do-wendys-ghost-pepper-fries-have-actual-ghost-peppers-in-them-heres-everything-you-need-to

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Nice!  The regular commercial pepper jack cheese with jalapenos is usually not bad either.

A supreme disappointment was the Wendy's Ghost Pepper Fries.  Couldn't even taste them!  They were mostly covered in cheese. :scratchhead:

Fast food tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing nobody. Arby’s does it with their jalapeño poppers. They use fake peppers with zero heat. The people that like heat won’t like them and the people that don’t like heat won’t try them.