Recommended Austin breweries?

groupw

Here are some posts from my Austin friends on FB

If you like vodka- Deep Eddy is fun and great location!!!

Spoetzel, d'uh...but may be a hike at over an hour away.

Not in Austin (in Dripping) but Vista, Twisted X and Family Business Brewery are all great! If you like funkier beers (sour and the like) Jester King is also great!

Live Oak is one of my favorite Austin Breweries. Love their beer.

If beer is the sole interest, I’d say Adelbert’s - they had the most variety of styles. If food/hanging out is included, I’d say Black Star Coop. For sours, Blue Owl. For ciders, Eastciders, which is next door to Friends and Allies. We haven’t gotten to most of the others.

jester king was one of the first breweries around to embrace wild yeasts. Each years brew will be different than the years past. Plus they are mad scientists with flavors and ingredients

We were at vista over the weekend. Excellent brews and very good food. the Chef is a good friend of our family

I thought jester king was really cool, the pizza was delicious as well but everything is outdoors so weather is a factor

Austin beerworks, blackstar co-op, pinestar pizza..

There are several---In town, look at the Rutland & Metric area, out south go down Fitzhugh (Jester King). Family Business has a great porch & trees. You can't just go to one.

• Awesome 1

6 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Uncle Google says Oskar Blues is there for one.

I went to the OG location in CO a good bit in the mid 2000's, not super exceptional.  They were on the leading edge of the hoppy train at that time, but got passed by pretty quickly.  They also were pretty well know for only canning their beer, no bottles.  I don't think it did anything good or bad to the beer, though, and ushered in a lot of other brewers towards that route.  I think it is fine, but wouldn't go out of my way.

Personally, I would go to an authentic Austin brewery if one exists.