Get the boy off the road

dinneR

I certainly enjoy bike films. I do think, though, that the "ride shaming" in a lot of these videos is BS and also, usually, quite "fake" in the social media sense of being fake - just the "cool stuff" and none of the other 20+ hours of the day.

IOW, my riding or @bikeman564™ or @Old#7 or @JerrySTL or @Dirtyhip or @Longjohn or several others here would be the sort of riding this guy seems to disdain. :(

My idea of riding is "the more the merrier and it's better to be riding than sitting".  I challenge anyone to see me riding - on a road or up a mountain - and not see a smile on my face and likely a wave as well. 

Still, I like the video (if the spoken part was ignored).

• Heart 1

I like riding with peeps. Socializing on a ride is fun :) There are times I solo ride too, which also can be fun in its own way. But the main reason I ride the saturday morning detroit ride is for the socializing...which I think is the primary objective, then breakfast afterwards.

Once it becomes work, its no fun...like real work :D

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I like riding with peeps. Socializing on a ride is fun :) There are times I solo ride too, which also can be fun in its own way. But the main reason I ride the saturday morning detroit ride is for the socializing...which I think is the primary objective, then breakfast afterwards.

Once it becomes work, its no fun...like real work :D

I miss riding with my Tuesday group. I've made so many friends with the TNR crew. Now we just wave when we see each other riding solo.

• Heart 1