Just got showered after doing battle with killer weeds

Ralphie

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Could be worse.  I've been busy killing poison ivy vines and plants around trees.

Yeah, I snipped some of that today and Rounduped the rest.  I found oot the hard way a year or two ago that I have to be almost as careful with Virginia Creeper because it also makes me break oot.

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I use roundup on pi.  I'm so allergic that I stay a good distance away and use an electric spray wand that has a stream position on the nozzel.  I can hit the vines from 6/8 feet away

Yup, I also am very allergic, and the damn stuff knows it and takes advantage by growing in hard to reach places.  A couple years ago I had those darn hairy 2" thick vines growing up the juniper trunks, so a handsaw took care of that.  I have much better control of it now, just in the understory where I can snip most of it. I just make sure to never touch the lopper blades. 

50 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yup, I also am very allergic, and the damn stuff knows it and takes advantage by growing in hard to reach places.  A couple years ago I had those darn hairy 2" thick vines growing up the juniper trunks, so a handsaw took care of that.  I have much better control of it now, just in the understory where I can snip most of it. I just make sure to never touch the lopper blades. 

How long did it take to drop the juniper's with a hand saw?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

When you saw the 2” poison ivy trunks hundreds of small poison ivy plants come up from the roots and you have to spray them.

26 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

When you saw the 2” poison ivy trunks hundreds of small poison ivy plants come up from the roots and you have to spray them.

Wow, I guess I was lucky because I didn’t see that happen. It was a few years ago. 
I keep wondering how people manage to ingest roundup. I would guess it is from eating commercially farmed corn and oats more than from home  spraying. 

40 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Wow, I guess I was lucky because I didn’t see that happen. It was a few years ago. 
I keep wondering how people manage to ingest roundup. I would guess it is from eating commercially farmed corn and oats more than from home  spraying. 

Breathing it is the main way of exposure.

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

Commercial workers with backpack sprayers and a cloth mask as their minimal covering.