Is Dilbert Lazy, Entitled, or a Moran?

Razors Edge

What I found funny or maybe ironic was the two points of view 

Dilbert sees it as a simple problem, inflation is getting ahead of his salary, raise the salary 

Pointy haired boss sees the problem, but raising the salary doesn’t even occur to him 

Dillbert sees a salary problem 

Boss sees an inflation problem 

3 minutes ago, Further said:

What I found funny or maybe ironic was the two points of view 

Dilbert sees it as a simple problem, inflation is getting ahead of his salary, raise the salary 

Pointy haired boss sees the problem, but raising the salary doesn’t even occur to him 

Dillbert sees a salary problem 

Boss sees an inflation problem 

It was funny, for sure, but mainly in the "what was Dilbert thinking?" sort of way.  Pointy haired boss and HR???? Solving his problem? No way.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, it's funny the boss calling him an idiot, but it's one of those headscratchers where you wonder where it is going.

...and this follow up doesn't help!

dda05600fee601397a7e005056a9545d

I stole this and sent it to our CEO...  We have someone at the company this applies to!!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

"what was Dilbert thinking?" sort of way.

Employees shouldn’t ask for cost of living raises? :scratchhead:

Last time I asked about a raise and got stonewalled, I looked for a new job. They came around when my offers started coming in. 

Today I was notified I’ll get a raise at the end of November, retroactive to 7/1.  They decided they were not offering enough to be competitive for new hires, and needed to bump everyone up to keep pace. 

• Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Employees shouldn’t ask for cost of living raises? :scratchhead:

Last time I asked about a raise and got stonewalled, I looked for a new job. They came around when my offers started coming in. 

Today I was notified I’ll get a raise at the end of November, retroactive to 7/1.  They decided they were not offering enough to be competitive for new hires, and needed to bump everyone up to keep pace. 

Just funny - him asking his boss and the HR guy.   Sort of what you encountered with the stonewall.  IOW, "what was Dilbert thinking?" as that method is hardly a winning argument.  It's the normal "I got an offer..." that seems to work best.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

It's the normal "I got an offer..." that seems to work best.

I think an employer needs to assess the degree of ill-will they will be harboring when wages lag behind. I was pissed when it took my looking around to get what I should have been getting (ultimately by their own admission).  Maybe Dilbert is too passive in his request, but he isn’t wrong. 

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think an employer needs to assess the degree of ill-will they will be harboring when wages lag behind. I was pissed when it took my looking around to get what I should have been getting (ultimately by their own admission).  Maybe Dilbert is too passive in his request, but he isn’t wrong. 

Have you READ Dilbert?  The boss, HR, and pretty much all of management is a trainwreck!  He is supposed to KNOW better! 

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Now I have to consider a cartoon’s context? GTFO!

We have a whole section here DEDICATED to the fine art of comics and deep discussion on the various strips each day.  This was just spillover!  It's  hopping over there!

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1